We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlet shopping Labor Day sale?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
222 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Outlet shopping Labor Day sale?

We will be in Vegas for four days - first time - and plan to visit the north outlet mall for a bit of shopping. We are thinking either Wed Aug 29 afternoon, or the other option was Friday Aug 31 before our flight home to Australia via LA (dept Vegas 6pm).

We were going to do the Wednesday so we could pack everything and leave our last day for the strip or relaxing but the website shows a Labour Day sale starting Friday 31st.

Would it be worth shopping on the Friday? We have a car.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Outlet shopping Labor Day sale?

I doubt that the sale over Labor Day weekend will be anything too dramatic. Stores and malls seem to use every holiday weekend to declare a sale of some description these days in an attempt to get shoppers there.

If you were asking about Black Friday immediately following Thanksgiving in November when savings can be considerable then I'd say yes, change your plans. But as it is I'd stick to what you were going to do originally and enjoy a relaxing last day in Vegas.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outlet shopping Labor Day sale?

I also say stick with your original plans. I always try to avoid shopping on my last day overseas because I hate spending the rest of my last day trying to pack! Enjoy a relaxing last day :)

Southwest
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outlet shopping Labor Day sale?

I was in Las Vegas last Labor Day weekend and decided to visit the northern outlet mall. Huge mistake! The traffic was awful and I could not find a parking spot. Never did get in so I figure there must have been some good sales. All was not lost - I drove over to the Lou Ruvo Center to take a look at the whacky architecture. It was a lot more fun than shopping anyway.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
222 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outlet shopping Labor Day sale?

Problem solved! Thanks everyone, back to original plan.

Dewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outlet shopping Labor Day sale?

We are in Vegas every Labor day weekend and didnt really find it any cheaper in the Malls.

6. Re: Outlet shopping Labor Day sale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 19:17