We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi to and from in n out?

Harlan, Kentucky
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
taxi to and from in n out?

We are from the east coast and would really like to try it out

so do we take a taxi there and walk back?

do we tell the taxi to wait outside

do we grab a different taxi on the way back?

walk?

Thanks!

And please no debates about if its worth the $20 cab ride...i really really wanna try it out haha

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi to and from in n out?

I'm a Canadian who loves In-N-Out & make at least one trip there every time I'm in Vagas.

Need more info. to answer your question properly;

Where are yopu staying?

Do you enjoy walking/ are you healthy enough for a twenty minute walk?

I have walked to In-N-Out @ corner of Tropicana & Dean Martin Drive from the strip. As a relatively young & healthy guy, it took about 15-20 minutes to walk from the strip @ Tropicana to the In-N-Out. There IS a sidewalk that takes you under the highway. Homeless people stay there at night, so do not walk if going at night.

Personally, would not pay a cab there & back, but would walk one way, cab the other. Cost obviously depends on where from... Or make your way to Luxor, NYNY, Tropicana or MGM Grand (the hotels at intersection of Tropicana & the strip), take cab to In-N-Out from there ($6-8 from NYNY last time I did this), then walk back & stop at Luxor on way for a drink.

My other suggestion is to go straight from airport to In-N-Out, pick-up takeout while cabbie waits, then make your way to your hotel. I usually do this and scarf-down the burger in the cab/ hotel check-in line. That shouldn;t add too much to your airport cab fare.

One last note, ONLY because your photo shows you in a cowboy hat. If you plan on being in Texas sometime, wait until then. In-N-Out is near to finally expanding beyond the southwest into Texas... locations TBD, but they are buiding a new burger patty plant for the new loocations, so I'd ASSUME many locations will come quickly in order to justify the cost of the new plant...

Edited: 26 May 2011, 01:00
Harlan, Kentucky
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi to and from in n out?

we'll be staying at the MGM and don't mind the distance of the walk if it isn't dangerous

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi to and from in n out?

I wondered about the walk too--so I did a google map of it and looked at the sattelite and pictures on there to see what the intersection at the freeway looks like and it looks do-able which, apparently people do as previous poster said. I will be making the walk!!!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,979 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi to and from in n out?

Why don't you rent a car for the day from your hotel and go do some other stuff at the same time?

I personally don't think it's worth going to for free, forget a taxi ride, I think it's an average burger with terrible cardboard fries, so I always shake my head when I see these posts, but I understand your desire to see for yourself.

If you walk there and decide to take a taxi home I think you need to have the number of a taxi company to call - they don't just pick up on the street.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi to and from in n out?

The walk is absolutely do-able if you enjoy walking.

Please don't misunderstand my homeless remark. The walk is 100% safe during the day (in my opinion). We noted there was homeless stuff under the highway (shopping carts with junk, sleeping bags, etc...) leading me to ASSUME there are homeless at night, which would make me uncomfoirtable idf I was alone or only with my wife. I would still try at night if I was with a group of people.

When you walk, you must do it o/n the opposite side of Tropicana than where In-N-Out is & you cross Tropicana after you pass under the highway. No sidewalk on the NYNY side of Tropicana.

Edited: 26 May 2011, 01:09
Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi to and from in n out?

Take a cab, eat and enjoy your meal, and take another cab back. Damm the torpedoes (and others' unsolicited opinions), it's YOUR vacation - enjoy!

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi to and from in n out?

Yes, you can walk there. Stay on the Excalibur side.

If you do take a cab, it will wait for you, but- the meter will keep running-$30 an hour. It is a busy place, but I have seen cab drivers in the lot waiting for customers to come out.

People have different opinions when it comes to "is it worth it?" If you do want to try it then-yes- it is worth it, no matter what anyone else says! So- go for it!

Ballyclare, United...
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi to and from in n out?

If you take a taxi make sure you say "In n out" no TUNNELL!!

mpo

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi to and from in n out?

Clarifying my earlier posts... where I mention Luxor, I actually meant Excalibur- Sorry about that, wasn't thinking straight.

Edited: 26 May 2011, 01:56
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi to and from in n out?

Walkable from Tropicana and The Blvd? Yes. Worth going out of your way to get to in a cab? No way. I'd rather take a bus or rent a car to get to that particular in n out IF I want to eat In N Out in Vegas. I live and work near a few here in Southern California, so no real need to want it too much all the time.