We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slot machines to stay away from?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Slot machines to stay away from?

I've read about the favorite slots but what I'm interested in are the ones to avoid. What slot machines have the worst pays on bonus rounds? Boring bonus rounds or ones that never seem to come up?

Going a week from today and want to plan my attack:)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Slot machines to stay away from?

Well we have been to Vegas many times over the years trying many different games.

For us I found the New village people 2 , the great race, American idol, cougar,

These are what really come to mind right now.

Cheers have fun Deb

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Slot machines to stay away from?

based on what i saw as far as credits won,on max bet were 2 communitty games at cp.

the wheel of fortune and american idol. found them pretty lame,and not worth it on bonus rounds

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Slot machines to stay away from?

I enjoy the Hot Hot Super Respin machines with themes like Griffin's Gate, Hearts of Venice, Tiger's Realm, Zeus II, and Palace of Riches II.

But... They always chew my a$$ up! I keep feeding them because they have a really neat feature. But they just don't pay!

Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Slot machines to stay away from?

I want to love Buffalo because I've seen people get some good wins but never for me even on max bet. I've had some good wins on Zeus 2--love that game!

virginia
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Slot machines to stay away from?

I like the Wicked Winnings 2 machine, I know it pays out, but I when I go near it, it just sucks up my money like a Hoover!!

I also avoid the Sex and the City machines. Most of the time they don't pay out well for me at all.

binghamton
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Slot machines to stay away from?

I love the Super Jackpot Party...BUT...I hate it when on the bonus I get a party pooper with my first selection...

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Slot machines to stay away from?

I stay away from three reel machines because for me they are sooooooooooo boring. I stay away from the video poker games that show 7/5 payout for fullhouse/flush on Jacks or Better.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Slot machines to stay away from?

I like playing Lord of the Rings but I'm partial since it has been kind to me....

Seaford, UK
Level Contributor
233 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Slot machines to stay away from?

Wizard of Oz and Monopoly........Both great fun!!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Slot machines to stay away from?

Avoid Any machine with 40 lines. I dislike the 30 lines ones too.

Any of the community games like ebay and the muliplayer Reel em in or some of the monopoly.

On the newest penny games, with 4 or 5 progressive amounts require max bets which can be from $1.50 to $4.50 a spin. It seems like the most you can win on the screen is $15 so unless you hit the 2nd level progressive, you will pour money in and steadily lose your wallet.

yes the 3 reel machines are boring but you probably have a better chance of winning or playing even plus racking up points on your card. they are old machines with higher payout tables. the new penny machines must be set at 80% payback.

Buffalo game absolutely Stinks.

Edited: 29 March 2011, 08:35