We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keurig and Mandalay Bay

Orange County
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
Save Topic
Keurig and Mandalay Bay

Mandalay Bay and probably THEhotel now have in room Single Serving Keurig Coffee Machines. You probably could bring your own K-cups from home and a coffee mug. The Disposable sealed coffee cup atop the dresser mini bar has a k-cup, sugar, powdered creamer...it's $6.00. This very well might have been mentioned before..but it's been several months since I have stayed at Mandalay Bay. Posted this for those that like having that small amenity in their rooms.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keurig and Mandalay Bay

Thanks for the info. We had the same set up in our Caesars room in November. Funny thing is, I submitted a pic of it here on TA with my review and they didn't bother to post that picture.

…photobucket.com/albums/…P1000196.jpg

Boston
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keurig and Mandalay Bay

Smart move, amazing it hadn't happened a long time ago. Those machines cost about $50 wholesale and the K Cups about a quarter.

$6 is pretty steep, but worth it if you can't find your clothes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keurig and Mandalay Bay

"$6 is pretty steep, but worth it if you can't find your clothes."

Swearingen, if you can't find your clothes, a hot fresh cup of Joe might not be the most pressing need you are facing!

AZ
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keurig and Mandalay Bay

VA - I was just going to post a question about the machines at CP -- are there cups in the room? And are they free or at a charge like at Mandalay? I bought some K-cups but I may need to bring a drinking receptacle. Since coffee posts seem to be so controversial I will just tack onto this one instead of starting my own.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keurig and Mandalay Bay

I always bring my own. No way I'm making myself presentable just to get a cup of coffee. Hell, no way I CAN make myself presentable without it.

First things first. Coffee, then clothes.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Keurig and Mandalay Bay

My mom just stayed at Caesars in the Augustus Tower. The coffee was supposed to be available in the minibar but they never stocked hers with it. She ended up getting a dining credit because housekeeping never took care of it or with supplying fresh glasses. Chances are Walgreens and CVS will have the pods and they will be easy to transport from home.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Keurig and Mandalay Bay

Laketime - There were cups on the coffee maker already, don't know if they were left by previous guest or if they were free for anyone. Like MB, there was a whole package to buy and $6 sounds about right, I think. The package had cups, the coffee "pods" ? and creamer, etc. I think. We didn't have a machine in our Palace Tower room over the summer, so I don't know if it's a recent addition, or if the coffee maker is only in certain rooms. Our room in Nov. was also in the Palace Tower, different floor.

AZ
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Keurig and Mandalay Bay

Hmm, I wonder how you make sure you have a machine -- I will be so mad if I have my k-cups and nothing to make them with!!

9. Re: Keurig and Mandalay Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2011, 14:19