We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to book hotel ??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
when to book hotel ??

thanks in advance,were heading in april 1st visit !! cant wait,and have got loads of advice by searching through previous posts,would just like to know am i way too early in booking the hotel,,we are going to stay at the flamingo,,and at 750 dollars,for 10 nights ,it seams a very good price to me ,compared to hotel prices in ireland,i am aware of discounts of 25% off for early bookings so i am going to wait tilll jan and hope that april is included in that offer by that time,its just on a post i had replied to,telling of the rate we got,a poster said we were being ripped off, so am i ? should i hold off till jan,or is that a risk,thanks again

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: when to book hotel ??

If those rates you refer to are direct with the hotel then no reason not to book now. If rates come down between now and April just call Flamingo and they'll adjust your reservation to the new lower rates. Do this as many times as you like if rates keep coming down. If you're looking at a third party deal then I'd be tempted to wait a couple of months.

And perhaps try some capitalization and punctuation. It's a lot easier on the eye..... :-)

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,824 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to book hotel ??

Hi

We never book until 12 weeks out or less. Then we look for deals through www.smartervegas.com

The only time I did book further out was when I got 50% off room rates at the South Point from an email.

Try signing up with Flamingo for their offers by email, you never know what you may get. There will be deals for April but if you only want Flamingo, you have limited yourselves.

Clive

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to book hotel ??

If you think it's a good price & want to pay that price or less than book it now if you are booking directly with the hotel of stay.

If the price goes down between your booking & 72 hrs of arrival all you have to do is call Flamingo or whoever & tell them the lower price you found & they'll give you the lower price that you found or you can cancel anytime within 72 hrs of arrival without any penalty.

Here is a Harrah's website to watch out Hot Deals on Hotel rooms just click on LV.

www.harrahs.com

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: when to book hotel ??

If those rates you refer to are direct with the hotel then no reason not to book now. If rates come down between now and April just call Flamingo and they'll adjust your reservation to the new lower rates. Do this as many times as you like if rates keep coming down. If you find a better deal elsewhere then just cancel. If however you're looking at a third party deal then I'd be tempted to wait a couple of months.

And perhaps try some capitalization and punctuation. It's a lot easier on the eye..... :-)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when to book hotel ??

Thank you,yes i've signed up for the newsletter,and i've seen that posted before about adjusting a room rate if it has dropped after booking.It's a very uncommon thing to do in ireland,and hotels here would laugh in you face if you asked,but i would have no problem in requesing it,if it was common place in vegas,and yes we are booking direct with hotel .Thank you again

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when to book hotel ??

If you are booking directly with hotel than no problem booking now. Then just keep checking to see if the price has drop every so often before arriving. I've called twice once before arriving & had no problem with them adjusting the price to the lower rate. It's the best way to make sure you get the lower rate.

Vegas Hotels are used to this since so many people do it all the time all you have to do is call them or email them.

England
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: when to book hotel ??

As others have said, book now and keep checking nearer the time to see if rates come down.

We're also going in April but seems to be a very busy time for conventions. I found out today that there's a massive convention which is expecting 37,000 visitors when we go at the end of April so I've just booked a room at PH to be on the safe side!

I'll keep checking their prices (as well as other hotels) to see if I can get a better rate nearer the time.

8. Re: when to book hotel ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 16:26