We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool parties & golden bikinis

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
591 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Pool parties & golden bikinis

I feel like I'm posting way too much on this forum and my trip is still 75 days away! I'm crazy and I haven't even been to Vegas yet, ah well!

I'll be in LV in october with a couple of friends. One of my girl friend & I want to go to a pool party (not sure the others will follow).

So I was browsing and look at some websites, pics, etc. Are breast implants fake tans & gold/silver bikinis pre-requisites (sp? sorry, I'm French) to get anywhere?

I mean, we're good-looking & fit ladies... just not "playboy material" (not sure if that's a bad or a good thing, though) like most of the girls I've seen on pics. Damn (they're hot, I have to admit)! I've seen some "normal" (ie.: average looking, overweight, etc.) women too, but, I don't know, I'm just wondering; it seems a little intimidating even if we're cute & fit ladies!

Are there any pool party that are FUN (we love dancing, meeting people, have a few drinks, etc.) but that could be a little less "intimidating"? Not sure that's the correct word, but I feel old just looking at the pictures (I'm only 26!).

Any info/opinions/etc. is very much appreciated :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
591 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool parties & golden bikinis

Oh, and we can only go on sunday or monday.

2. Re: Pool parties & golden bikinis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 22:10
3. Re: Pool parties & golden bikinis

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 22:10
4. Re: Pool parties & golden bikinis

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 22:02
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
39,951 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool parties & golden bikinis

Let's face it, at 26 you are just starting downhill. You are already too old for Mel Gibson or Larry King.

But Las Vegas is for everyone. Besides you and your GF don't have to start worrying until they start charging you admission like they do us old folks. In the meantime enjoy!

Montreal
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool parties & golden bikinis

Pool season might be over in October....

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
48,687 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pool parties & golden bikinis

You'll be fine! Keep in mind the web sites are for attracting customers. The pictrues wouldn't have quite the same effect if they showed pictures of 45 year-old guys with hairy backs and "love handles". :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pool parties & golden bikinis

Have been to many of the pool parties and yes fake boobs are the norm, but other wise just a bunch of average folks trying to act super cool. Not sure of your travel dates but pool parties are generally over by October.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
591 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pool parties & golden bikinis

Damn, downhill at 26... Hah! ;-)

But it's true, I just have to go clubbing in Montreal when it's filled with 18 y/o (sometimes 16 and 17) and I feel pretty old. Anyways.

I guess what I meant was a "classier" pool party?

Ah well, like others said, it will probably be all over in october :-(

Right? In that case, we'll keep the partying for the night.

Not sure why, it's going to be hotter in Vegas than it is in Montreal right now!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pool parties & golden bikinis

Hahaha! i had the exact same thoughts! I'm 22 and heading to Vegas for the first time on Saturday. I was thinking about hitting up Wet Republic or Rehab for one afternoon and honestly was kind of intimidated by the photos as well!

....I'll let you know what I think!