We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

We are a group of 3 couples in LV to celebrate a 45th and a 50th birthday. We love clubs and top 40 music, but quite honestly our bikini days are critically numbered. No showoffs here, (even after a few drinks no one will be tempted to treat the other guests to a pole dance) just looking to have a great time on a Sunday afternoon. Will we be totally out of place? (Just asking before we spend the bucks to get in, rent lounges and then spend the afternoon wishing we were at the free pool)

OKC
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

I would say go and have a good time and enjoy your company. Who cares what strangers think.

San Diego,Ca.
Level Contributor
6,417 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

On the weekends(Fri/Sat) mst people at the pool party complexes. are under 30 but there are also people over 30. During the week(Monday-Thusday) there are more people over 30 at the pool party complexes.

If you do not wish to be at a pool complex with 50%-70% under 30 year olds you mught like the regular Enore pools or Wynn pool better. If you are staying at Encore you can use the Wynn pools along with the regular Encore pools.

I think you should go for it and check out the encore beach club as it looks very nice but that is my personel choice.

Have a good trip.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure we'll try it. I guess my hesitation was that I am planning the 2 b'days and wouldn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable. We probably won't be the oldest people there. I'm sure there will be some older wealthy patrons there with their young, hip, dates. We'll just pretend that's us! Can't wait to spend our three days at the Encore. 4th trip in 15 years. Slowly climbed the luxury ladder. Excaliber, MGM, Venetian, and now this. It's probably time to relax and accept the weekend for what it is: suspended reality (where there is no cellulite and love handles!)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,188 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

JMHO, I would stick with the regular pools, which are very, very nice and have cabanas available. One of them is European.

It's a very young, very single scene at the Beach Club. Think a meat market bar with way less clothes and way more liquor.......

Oh just read your response. You will be the oldest there. Maybe have a look a the line-up (yes, long club like line-up) before you leap. :)

Edited: 20 July 2010, 09:20
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,188 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

Here's a taste. We were at the Encore July 4. Check out the "Gallery" for candid photos.

http://encorebeachclub.com/html/index.php

Edited: 20 July 2010, 09:25
Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
30 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

OK now I get it, thanks for the link. Way too many bodies, and those are just still photos, I can't even imagine what happens when they are actually moving. The European pool will be just fine, I'll just bring my ipod and listen to my own personal top 40 without worrying about an awkward situation. Thanks for all the input, one thing I'm sure of there will be no shortage of crazy times and great memories.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,188 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

If it's any comfort, I'm in the same age group as you. I didn't mean to sound harsh. I have shoes as old as some of those girls....... The other pools are beautiful. They play dance mix music. You'll feel cool and sophisticated and hip. Buy some jewelry with the Beach Club cover money. I took the DH for his birthday. We had a blast and came home with some extra zip!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
709 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

I would get a cabana at the regular pool. That way you get the upgraded pool experience, and avoid the whole club scene at the Beach Club.

Level Contributor
1,929 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

I'm 36, and the Encore Beach Club (and the other "ultra pools") seem annoyingly young and "d-baggy" for me.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
555 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Encore Beach Club:only for the young and hot?

You made the right decision........took a walk through it last summer....was not impressed....a true meat market (spring break in Cancun)>