We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have just booked our flights ...! Yepee !

dundee scotland
Level Contributor
99 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Have just booked our flights ...! Yepee !

Hi we have just booked our flights and are so excited..

This is our second trip and are counting down the days!

We are heading over 19th Oct for one week.Flying direct from Manchester with Thomas Cook .

We were not impressed with them last year..poor service

and had to pay for all drinks etc but never mind .

Paid £500 each which includes the £25 each for extra 5 kg baggage allowance.

We havent booked our hotel yet.I was on the verge of booking Desert Rose Resort after the good reviews on T.A .

However after seeing some of the Hot Summer Offers esp for The Venetian we are keeping our fingers crossed that we can get a chance of a bargain!

Could you give an idea when October offers come out and the chances of getting such a good deal!?

Also .....

We would LOVE to see Bette Midler but looking at the dates her last show in October is the day we arrive... we arrive at 4 o'clock and the show is scheduled to start at half past seven!

I know its crazy to book up for it but its our only chance to see her.

Have any Brits out there done a show on their arrival

day!

Thank you all for any advice .

Cheers Molly

waterlooville uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have just booked our flights ...! Yepee !

Can't answer the majority of your questions but re going to a show on day of arrival - I just couldn't do that. Well I could but I'd be asleep after 10 minutes.

It's a 20 hour journey for us and that's assuming the flights are on time. If you're due to land at 4pm, it could easily be 6 by the time you're checked in to your hotel. If you can do without sleep and are willing to risk your $$$, then go for it. After all the whole place is about taking risks.

Have a great trip.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,308 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have just booked our flights ...! Yepee !

"We would LOVE to see Bette Midler but looking at the dates her last show in October is the day we arrive... we arrive at 4 o'clock and the show is scheduled to start at half past seven!"

Like was already said, it's a gamble! :)

All it would take would be even a 60-90 minute delay on your flight for some reason, and you would be out the cash for the tickets.

3. Re: Have just booked our flights ...! Yepee !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 22:24