We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Club for the over 40 crowd

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Best Club for the over 40 crowd

Actually in their 40's, will be in Vegas next week with the wife and another couple, want to check out Rumjungle Wednesday night, suggestions for Thursday and Friday night?

Have been to Vegas numerous times but always for work or with the wife and kept it low key, want to party a lot harder this time but not with a 20 something crowd.

Any good priced clubs where the drink prices aren't outrageous? Used to clubs in Panama and Colombia, my wallet will probably get sticker shock in Vegas.

Thanks.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Club for the over 40 crowd

I'm not aware of any clubs in Vegas as you describe.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Club for the over 40 crowd

Should clarify post - just looking for a club where the crowd tends to be a little older, not full of geezers(although a according to my daughter I am already at that stage).

I realize an afforadble club is a pipe dream, I will save that for my next trip to Medellin.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Club for the over 40 crowd

Some great lounge or Bars to check out for great fun, we like the

VooDoo Lounge at Rio

Margaritaville at Flamingo

Carnaval Court at Harrah's

Toby Keith Bar & Grill at Harrah's

Shadows at Caesars

Cleopatra's Barge at Caesars

Galleria Bar at Caesars

Risqué at Paris

Napoleon's at Paris

Blush at Wynn

We always have a great time at the above places.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Club for the over 40 crowd

Great, thanks for the help.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Club for the over 40 crowd

I might add Polly Esther's @Stratosphere as well. too.

Hey Pruske, I didn't know Risque' and Blush were middle-age-friendly. I'll have to add them to my "stock suggestion" list. :)

Welcome back to America! :^D Your wallet will get an overall pounding in Vegas but my guess is that drinks at Margaritaville - except maybe the margaritas :) will be relatively reasonable. Carnaval Court may not be too bad either. Otherwise, you may want to get gassed up on "free" drinks at the slots or maybe pop in O'Shea's or Bill's for a few minutes. ;)

Houston
Level Contributor
305 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Club for the over 40 crowd

When I recently went to a few clubs, I saw 40ish in all of them. Definately add Studio54 to you list the drink prices there were not as bad as RumJungle or any of the others in Mandalay Bay and it was very lively when we went on a Thursday. There were lots of people younger than us and older as well. I actually felt that RumJungle had a much younger crowd the day we went.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Club for the over 40 crowd

Thanks all for the info, if you need a recommendation for a club in Medellin or Panama let me know(beautiful friendly women and cheap drinks, a great combination)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
351 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Club for the over 40 crowd

Hi, thanks for this post, me n hubby have been looking for a club to go to me - 30 hubby - 38 but was a little put off by that jack carlton website it seemed aimed at single men and how to get in clubs free etc going on about if you are not stunning etc you go to back of the line - charmin, we fancied doing a club on the thursday night next week but not decided which one, dont want to look out of place with all those gorgeous models lol

Denver
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Club for the over 40 crowd

I think you're right with your assessment. There are a lot of clubs in Vegas now. While Tao, JET, Pure, etc. are the hot clubs where the see and want to be seen go and splurge on the bottle service. There's still VooDoo, Studio 54, etc that are cheaper and you can actually move around the club.

Seems that each hotel has their own lounge now. Mandalay and Eye Canday, Tryst and Blush, that are more laid back and perfect for couples and older people.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
351 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Club for the over 40 crowd

Cheers allaboutmiles we looked at Voodoo might give that one a try see if its ope on Thursdays (i guess most clubs would be open everynight lol silly me its vegas) will check them out, much prefer the sound of them.

Thanks