We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avis (Kalispell/Glacier Airport) Renters, Beware!!!

1 post
Save Topic
Avis (Kalispell/Glacier Airport) Renters, Beware!!!

Renters BEWARE!! Dishonest people run this branch!! Picked up my Avis rental at midnight with a small crack in windshield which was not disclosed to me nor noticeable in the dark. No attendant upon leaving or returning; so renter beware. Avis has now made a claim and assigned it to a third party demanding $544 to replace the windshield which includes two days of lost use and a $75 admin fee. Very disappointed with the dishonesty and bad customer service I received at this agency. Will never rent from them again and would not recommend them to anyone.

Also, they overcharged my card. Make sure to double check how much they charge you. I am assuming they tried to sneak in a charge for gas, but I filled the car immediately before dropping it at the airport. Very, very disappointed that Avis permits this kind of dishonest behavior!!

And I did contact Avis national. No help whatsoever. Said that they would have the branch contact me. Crickets! The only person that has been contacting me is a rude lady from the "recovery people." I will NEVER rent from Avis again!

1 reply
Atlanta
Level Contributor
246 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avis (Kalispell/Glacier Airport) Renters, Beware!!!

I have learned to always take a video of the whole car before leaving the lot. Even at night- go to a lighted area and take a video before leaving the lot. It helps you to notice things to let them know about before it is too late. I know it is a pain to do it, and I probably look ridiculous....but I don't care.

Reply to: Avis (Kalispell/Glacier Airport) Renters, Beware!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalispell
;