We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Options

New Jersey
Level Contributor
203 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Food Options

Will be in STL staying at Sheraton City Center next week. Can anyone recommend some good places to eat which are within walking distance (1.5 miles or less) or easily accessible by public transporation? Looking for suggestions for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not looking for anything really fancy or expensive, but also not interested in national chain type places. TIA.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Options

Union Station is very close. I recommend the Beechwood Bistro there.

Gio's is a new Italian restaurant at 7th and Market. Mike Shannon's is at the same intersection.

Charlie Gitto's (also Italian) is at 6th and Olive.

The Clark Street Grill in the Westin is good. Clark and 8th.

The Broadway Oyster Bar is also good and they have fun live music. It's a couple blocks south of the stadium's southeast corner.

The Sheraton is right across the street from the Metrolink, which you can take to the Central West End -try Herbie's Vintage 72, Bar Italia, BBC Asian Cafe or Eau Cafe. You could also use it to visit the Delmar Loop. My favorite restaurants there are Pi and Blueberry Hill. Racanelli's is very good and it's run by some guys from New Jersey. They also have a very casual pizza joint in the Central West End.

One of my favorite restaurant clusters is in Lafayette Square. It's not far from your hotel, but a short cab ride is probably best. My favorites are Soda Fountain Square for breakfast or lunch, 1111 Mississippi, Vin de Set, Ricardo's or Square One Brewery for lunch or dinner. For after dinner, try Bailey's Chocolate Bar or 33 Wine Bar. If you choose to walk there, head south on 14th, right on Chouteau, left on Truman Pkwy and right on Park Avenue.

If you get homesick, you can try Feraro's "Jersey Style Pizza":

www.ferarospizza.com

2. Re: Food Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 18:17