We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth visiting Cape Girardeau?

London, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is it worth visiting Cape Girardeau?

Hi,

I am considering doing a seminar in Cape Girardeau. Thing is, I'm coming all the way from the UK, and obviously would prefer if it was an interesting/beautiful place to visit. Have been to the States a few times, to NYC, New England and California.

Opinions or great places to visit/eat in Cape Girardeau appreciated. However, the info on Wikipedia and the Tourism website hasn't filled me with optimism.

Thank you,

Bel

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth visiting Cape Girardeau?

I lived in Cape for two years. It's a historic river town with many neat old homes and buildings. Not a tourist destination, although one of their claims to fame is their murals. Some are painted on the sides of buildings, while their flood wall is covered in them. Cape is right next to Interstate 55, so they do have an abundance of chain restaurants and lodging for those passing through. My favorite eatery is Broussard's Cajun downtown. Nothing fancy at all, just good food. Also try Pagliai's Pizza. Being a college town, there are plenty of bars and clubs. If Jeremiah's is still open, it's a good pub for darts and just hanging out. Trail of Tears State Park a few miles north is a pretty place for a hilly hike, especially in the Fall.

St. Louis has a ton of attractions and is only a couple hours away. Feel free to spend some time here too.

London, England
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth visiting Cape Girardeau?

Thanks for the info blueeyedguy.

Bel

3. Re: Is it worth visiting Cape Girardeau?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 17:18