We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid Friendly Sushi Spots...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
281 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Kid Friendly Sushi Spots...

Any recommendations?

3 little sushi lovers, 7, 10 and 13... want to do a nice dinner in STL one night, preferably sushi but don't want to drag them into a sushi hot-spot where kids aren't often seen or are unwelcome. They do know good sushi, we live in Chicago... and have experienced sushi in other places.

We're staying at the Hilton downtown if that helps. Willing to get in car and drive.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid Friendly Sushi Spots...

Three of my four kids love sushi. There are three places I recommend:

1) Sekisui on South Grand would probably be the closest, and they have good lunch specials.

2) Nobu on Olive, just east of I-170 (the "innerbelt") and

3) Tokyo Sushi on South Lindgbergh, not far from I-44 (in Sunset Hills)

Nobu is known around here for their quality sushi, but I like the others just as well and the others strike me as cleaner. None of these is a "hotspot" like Wasabi or Miso.

Do they know sushi? I think so. I lived in LA for several years, so my experience is not limited to the midwest. I trust these three places.

One tip: we don't like the spicy tuna rolls at Tokyo.

Good luck!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
281 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid Friendly Sushi Spots...

Fantastic. Thank you so very much.

Your recommendations are perfect. The boys do know their sushi and have certain favorites they expect to see places, super white tuna nigiri and spicy scallop rolls for starters! Good to know about the spicy tuna as well, also a typical ordered roll.

Thank you again!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
281 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid Friendly Sushi Spots...

Tokyo Sushi seemed to have the best overall reviews, but it is coming up that it was severely damaged and closed down by a fire, has it opened again recently?

Thank you!

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid Friendly Sushi Spots...

That;s the first I hear about a fire at Tokyo Sushi. I'll have to check into it.

Sekisui would be a good choice for your family - it's convenient to downtown, good service and good food. Not sure about the reviews, but I've been there maybe 10 times and my wife goes there often for lunch. We've never been disappointed.

5. Re: Kid Friendly Sushi Spots...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2010, 16:17