We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Had a great time in St Louis!

Michigan
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Had a great time in St Louis!

We just returned from St Louis and we all had a great time. The Home Run Derby, the fireworks by the river on 07/11, the Brewmaster tour at Anheiser-Busch, and the All-Star parade were the highlights of our trip. We also enjoyed the City Museum, the Delmar loop, St Louis Science Center, Zoo, Gateway Arch tram ride and Riverboat cruise, The Old Courthouse, Pin-up Bowl, Union Station, All-Star Fanfest, Six Flags, and Hurricane Harbor. The Drury Plaza is in a great location and I didn't realize how much I would miss it until we moved to the Residence Inn Galleria. William at the front desk of the Drury was wonderful. He quickly corrected an error made on my bill. He was always pleasant and went out of his way to recommend places to visit and give directions. The parking lot was awkward and tight, but there were always plenty of available spots. We loved eating at Max and Ermas. A waitress named Tammy always made my son feel special.

We also dined at the Boathouse, Blueberry Hill, Fitz's, TGIFriday's, and Magiannos. St Louis is a beautiful city full of nice, helpful people. I was wearing my Detroit tigers jersey and cap at the stadium and several people to stop to talk to us about Detroit (the Lions and Tigers).

We didn't get a chance to see Meramec Caverns, but it gives me a reason to plan another trip to STL in the future.

St. Louis Trolley Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,800 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Had a great time in St Louis!

Wow...you did a lot!! I am glad that you had such a good time and enjoyed the Drury Plaza. It is my favorite hotel and the staff are wonderful. I have never met an unhappy staff person there...they all greet you with a smile, from the people at the desk, to the housekeepers, etc. Glad you enjoyed the Drury Plaza as much as we do!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Had a great time in St Louis!

Nice TR..you did pack a lot of places into your trip. Well done!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
447 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Had a great time in St Louis!

Glad you had a good trip!

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Had a great time in St Louis!

Thanks so much for the trip update. Glad you had a good time - you really took the grand tour. Next time you can hit the Magic House, the Butterfly House and Grant's Farm - all are a great time for families.

Good to know the brewmaster tour was a highlight. That's the first feedback I've seen for it. I'll have to see if TA even has it as an attraction. I should probably go take it myself.

I always recommend for people to wear their home team's gear to Cardinal games. There are always people who will make you feel welcome.

You were lucky and missed out on the hot and muggy weather that often hits this time of year. Hope to hear from you again next time.

Michigan
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Had a great time in St Louis!

I'm sorry. I forgot to thank you all for the wonderful advice I received prior to our trip.

6. Re: Had a great time in St Louis!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 17:18