We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Museum

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
203 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
City Museum

Are there any discounts for City Museum? If we go, is the roof top worth the $5.00 extra?

Thank you.

Mindi

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Museum

I have never seen discount coupons for CM. However, if you go after 5 p.m. on a Friday or Saturday night, you get a discounted admission ($10 per person after 5 p.m.). The rooftop is $5 extra and yes it is worth it in my opinion. CM is open until 1 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. That is when we always go, we prefer evening times over daytime.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Museum

Roof top is worth the $5 extra. There are several fun "attractions" up there, including a ferris wheel.

If your children are under 14 I personally suggest going in the daytime. At night the age group gets older (teens). You will lose sight of your child often in the tubes and tunnels. Most areas are contained though and staffed with City Museum workers at exit points.

It is an absolutely great place, totally unique.

Cascade, Iowa
Level Contributor
425 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Museum

I haven't seen any discount tickets, but I don't think it matters. It is totally worth the entrance fee and the $5 extra for the rooftop! We were there last Sat. night for the first time and loved it! Husband and I are in early 40's with 17 yr old son and 14 year old daughter and another 30 something couple. It was fantastic. I would highly recommend an evening visit. Can't imagine how overheated one would get in the outdoor portions during the normal daytime heat of summer.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Museum

We prefer to go in the evening. The admission fee is discounted after 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings, and they are open until 1 a.m. The view at sunset from the rooftop is amazing. We have never had any problem with it being too crowded. They do rent out a reception hall on weekends and sometimes you will encounter some of the wedding guests, but the crowds are manageable.

However, in spite of us preferring to go at night, that does limit some of your possibilities. We have never made it to the circus because we are too busy doing other things. I guess my ideal visit would extend from daytime hours into evening hours so that we could do everything.

5. Re: City Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 16:18