We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Louis with Kids

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
203 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
St. Louis with Kids

We are in St. Louis for the weekend. Right now here are our basic plans. Kids are 9,9, 7, 4

Friday:

Zoo

Children's Musuem

Fritz's

Saturday

Grant's Farm

Magic House

City Musuem

Crown Candy

Sunday

Arch

Cardinals Game

Does this sound pretty good?

Mindi

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Louis with Kids

It's a pretty good plan. Here are my comments:

Not sure what the Children's Museum is...there is one in Edwardsville, I think, and the Magic House bills itself as the Children's Museum. Do you mean the Science Center? If so, that would work well with the zoo and your kids will love it.

Fritz's? I think you mean Fitz's. Good choice. If it's crowded, Blueberry Hill is a good option. Another forum user recommends Bubble Tea for dessert (we haven't tried it yet). It's across the street and down a bit from Fitz's there on Delmar.

Grant's Farm, Magic House and City Museum - that's a lot to pack into one day. If you cut out one - probably Grant's Farm, I think you'll still have a great day. The City Museum is open until 1 AM on Saturday, so it can be done if your kids have that much energy. If your timing is such that you're looking for lunch between Grant's Farm and the Magic House, try Dewey's Pizza in Downtown Kirkwood. It's maybe a mile north of the Magic House.

Be sure and visit Crown Candy in daylight hours and be prepared to wait a while for a table. It's not far from the City Museum.

The Cardinals probably won't play until 1 and the Arch won't take more than an hour, since your kids will not want to spend much time in the museum.

May I suggest breakfast at Soda Fountain Square? You could also get a Riverboat cruise in.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
203 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Louis with Kids

Thank you for the corrections and yes the Children's Musuem is supposed to be the Science Center and Fitz's is also correct!!!!

Thanks again.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
203 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Louis with Kids

I tried going online to get arch tickets and it's not showing any. Does that mean they are sold out?

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Louis with Kids

I think that you are trying to pack WAY too much in one day (Grant's Farm, Magic House, City Museum). I would definitely drop either Grant's Farm or Magic House...don't drop City Museum, it will be the highlight of the trip for the kids). As the other poster said, CM is open until 1 a.m....but still, you don't want the kids so tired from too many activities that they don't enjoy the trip. And as the other poster said, you need to go to Crown Candy during daylight hours. I would choose either Grant's Farm or Magic House for the a.m., visit Crown Candy in the afternoon, and then go to City Museum in the evening (maybe even squeeze in a nap for the kids in the afternoon so they will be full of energy for City Museum).

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Louis with Kids

This is "Free National Park Weekend" --- it doesn't affect the Arch at all, but they had to take down the online tram tickets because of it. If you call them at the phone # listed on the Web site you can reserve tram tickets for the time you want, and pick them up at will call. (I found this out when we booked our tickets, which are for this Sunday, last week.)

Melissa

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
88 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Louis with Kids

Actually it does affect the Arch. The "admission" fee is not charged this weekend, meaning tickets to the top of the Arch are $7 as opposed to the normal $10.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Louis with Kids

Thanks for the clarification. She didn't tell me that when I called to buy our tram tickets, so I just assumed they were always $7.

Melissa

8. Re: St. Louis with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 18:17