We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant on the hill

Bloomington
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
restaurant on the hill

My husband and I are going to St. Louis for one night for our anniversary. We both love Italian food and have never been to the Hill are so are interested eating in this area. We would like a moderately price restaurant, 30 per person or cheaper. Can I please have some suggestions? Thanks.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
870 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant on the hill

For me, it is Cunettos House of Pasta or Zias with Cunnettos being my first choice.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
991 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant on the hill

I love Cunetto's but if you go on a weekend either go real early (people are lining up at 4:30) or real late. We've shown up at 7p and had to wait as long as two hours. Their specialty is pasta; my favorite is the linquini tutto mare. The non pasta main courses are OK but the pastas are standout. Great fried artichoke appetizer.

Lorenzo's Trattoria is also great but will be a little more expensive than Cunetto's or Zia's but should come in at your $30 budget. Their cuisine is more modern Italian compared to a lot of the restaurants on the Hill. Gian-Tony's is another place I like but haven't eaten there in a while but the recent reviews I've seen where good. Both Lorenzo's and Gian-Tony's take reservations.

Save some room and head over to Ted Drewes for dessert. It's just a short ride from the hill

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant on the hill

I like Cunetto's, but I've also had to wait a couple of hours. My suggestions are LoRusso's Cucina and Trattoria Marcella. Marcella is not technically on the Hill, if that's a factor. Two other good options are Bartolino's Osteria and Gian-Tony's.

Bloomington
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant on the hill

Thank you everyone for your help, I will look at these restaurants reviews and menus. This helps me with a great start.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
640 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant on the hill

I second the motion on LoRussos or Trattoria Marcella. I personally think Cunetto's and Zia's are overrated. My personal favorite is a little place called Guido's Tapas and Pizzeria. Great selection and have never had a bad meal there. Guido himself (70-ish years old!) will usually greet you! The dining room is a little noisy but the food is wonderful. Happy Anniversary!

6. Re: restaurant on the hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 16:18