We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mall Nearest St Albans Golf Club

Cascade, Iowa
Level Contributor
425 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Mall Nearest St Albans Golf Club

We will be in the St Louis area this weekend. Husband and Son will be playing golf at St Albans. What is the nearest (good) mall that my daughter and I could visit after leaving them at the golf course?

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mall Nearest St Albans Golf Club

Chesterfield Mall would probably be closest. If you find it lacking, you could head down to the Chesterfield Valley - lots of big box stores, but a few unique spots sprinkled in.

For a sure-fire decent mall, the closest would probably be Westfield at Manchester and 270. Not sure it's still called Westfield...people around here know it as "West County Mall"

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
870 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mall Nearest St Albans Golf Club

I agree with the recommendations....none of them are Westfields any more.....sold them or something. I think it is simply West County Mall. We go to the Chesterfield mall quite a bit, though, and it is a good one, too. West County is better, but Chesterfield is good.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
252 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mall Nearest St Albans Golf Club

Chesterfield Mall is the closest, about 25-30 minutes from St. Albans depending on time of day.

"The Valley" as it is called is the miles long strip mall in Chesterfield - in fact I believe it is the longest strip mall in the USA. Been in a few movies ("The Lucky Ones" for instance).

West County Shopping Center is nicer, but about 1 hr from St. Albans. The Galleria (our best mall) is also about 1 hr away. St. Albans (as you will soon discover) is in the middle of no where, so you will have to drive for much of anything in the way of a mall.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
870 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mall Nearest St Albans Golf Club

I would disagree that the Galleria is the best mall...... I think West County is better.....JMHO

Cascade, Iowa
Level Contributor
425 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mall Nearest St Albans Golf Club

Thank you for all your replies. We ended up going to the Chesterfield Mall as we really only had about 5 hours total (including travel time) while husband and son were playing at St Albans. It was about the right size for us to cover in the amount of time we had, and very easy to get to from St. Albans. Thank you for your responses!

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mall Nearest St Albans Golf Club

I'm glad Chesterfield worked out for you. How about a brief trip report for us, if you have a couple minutes?

Cascade, Iowa
Level Contributor
425 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mall Nearest St Albans Golf Club

We stayed at the Pear Tree Inn on Market Street just up from Union Station. We had stayed there before when it was a Hampton Inn. We had tickets for the Cards game Friday night and had intended to take the shuttle from Sybergs, but we ended up having plenty of time and the weather was perfect, so we decided to walk to the stadium. Great game! Watched Pujhols belt out two homers. Saturday is when the boys played at St Albans and when we shopped at Chesterfield. Sat. night we met my cousin at Charlie Gitto's for dinner. We got in pretty quickly and loved the food. We then headed to City Museum. Fabulous place! Would highly recommend for all ages. We spent about 3 hours there and could easily have spent a couple more, but it was midnight and we were tired. We headed for home Sunday.

This is the 5th consecutive year that we have made the road trip to St Louis for a game. We always have a great time and find something new to try every year.

8. Re: Mall Nearest St Albans Golf Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 16:17