We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel I wanted is no longer available

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
147 reviews
Hotel I wanted is no longer available

I listed several possible options for Drury hotels yesterday but when I tried to book, the room type we need is no longer available (double beds).

So, out of the following locations, which has the best access to downtown St. Louis and specifically to City Museum. Once we get downtown, close to Busch Stadium and Arch, I know my way around, so whichever of these would allow the most direct access to that would be best. I don't want to wander through neighborhoods that I am not familiar with to get to CM.

Valley Park

Arnold

Fenton

Maryland Hts

Creve Couer

Thanks for your help...I am beginning to be really sorry that this part of the planning is being left to me as it is turning into a lot of work!...))))

USA
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Hotel I wanted is no longer available

Once you get to the City you'll be using the same streets, so no concern with unfamiliar neighborhoods.

Drury Inns in Valley Park/Fenton are both right off I-44, with Fenton being closer. So Valley Park is out.

Arnold is a bit too far IMO (next county going south along I-55)

From the Maryland Heights/Creve Couer Drury locations, you'd probably take I-64 downtown, and Creve Couer is a couple exits closer. So Maryland Heights is out.

So I'd recommend Fenton if you want to stay along I-44, and Creve Couer if you'd rather stay close to I-64. The Creve Coeur location is a bit "nicer." So that would be my choice.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
147 reviews
2. Re: Hotel I wanted is no longer available

Thanks bprop!! Creve Couer location was actually the one I was considering because of good reviews.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: Hotel I wanted is no longer available

I would choose Creve Coeur also. They are all 25-30 minutes from the Arch, so might as well go for the best neighborhood if prices are the same. Tons of restaurants around Creve Coeur.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
147 reviews
4. Re: Hotel I wanted is no longer available

Thanks TTT, I did reserve the Drury in Creve Couer. I'm sure we will have a fun weekend!

5. Re: Hotel I wanted is no longer available

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2018, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis