We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend of 10/21 - 22

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
147 reviews
Weekend of 10/21 - 22

I am trying to find a reasonably priced hotel for the weekend of 10/21 and not having much luck. We need three rooms so trying to keep the price fairly low. Is there something going on that weekend causing hotel rates to be higher than usual?

I am a huge fan of Drury hotels but can't afford my favorite, DP at the Arch, on that weekend. I have found Drury's that are in our price range out a bit from the city. Our main concerns would be a safe area and easy access to St. Louis - specifically easy and safe access to City Museum. Can you tell me which of the areas below would be best:

Valley Park

Brentwood

Arnold

Fenton

Maryland Hts

Creve Couer

All of the Drury's at those towns are within our price range. Thanks so much!!!

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Weekend of 10/21 - 22

Any of those neighborhoods are fine as far as safety. Brentwood is the most centrally located and would be my choice.

USA
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Weekend of 10/21 - 22

Agree...Brentwood FTW :)

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
147 reviews
3. Re: Weekend of 10/21 - 22

Thank you!! We actually stayed at that Drury last year with our granddaughter and several of her friends, on a shopping trip. Nice hotel, but I couldn't remember how the location was for getting to City Museum. What route would you suggest?

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
147 reviews
4. Re: Weekend of 10/21 - 22

When my husband is along, I don't pay any attention to what route(s) we are on. This upcoming trip will be 11 women, on a pre-wedding shopping trip.

We have a mixture of ages from 4 - 66. Can you suggest a fun restaurant that would appeal to kids? Is Fitz's close to City Museum?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Weekend of 10/21 - 22

From Brentwood Drury, you'd be best taking 64/40 to downtown.

Fitz is not really close, but not far either. You'd have to drive. Technically it's on the same street as the city museum (Delmar), so you can go local route or highway, but it takes about 20 minutes.

Kids may like Fountains on Locust, they have good shakes and ice creams, and a diner menu.

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Weekend of 10/21 - 22

I'll give you some restaurants that would be OK for kids and walkable from CM.

Rosalita's Cantina, Rooster (open til 3pm), Bailey's Range

Farther east on Washington - Pi Pizza, Sugarfire BBQ

St. Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Weekend of 10/21 - 22

That weekend has Cedric the Entertainer/Smokey Robinson, Janet Jackson, Fall Out Boy, Katy Perry, Queens of the Stone Age and the WWE all with separate concerts/events at places like Scottrade and Chaifitz from Friday through Sunday. You might not recognize all of those but they're more than enough to fill downtown hotels.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
147 reviews
8. Re: Weekend of 10/21 - 22

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate all of the advice and suggestions.

Dweebe, yep I sure so recognize all of them except for Queens of the Stone Age, never heard of them.

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
100 posts
98 reviews
9. Re: Weekend of 10/21 - 22

I like Hampton Inn at Forest Park. It has breakfast, large suite style rooms, is just a few miles from downtown, and is close to the zoo, art museum, and some of the best restaurants in the area on The Hill. I've also stayed at the Hyatt Place near the Galleria, but that one is at least 20 minutes west of city, and more with traffic

Edited: 06 October 2017, 12:39
St. Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
34 reviews
10. Re: Weekend of 10/21 - 22

The Hyatt Place is by Chesterfield Mall. 20 to 25 minutes with no traffic: double or triple with traffic as it seems half of St. Louis uses 64/40 to get around.

Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis