We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Graffiti Wall

Minnesota
Level Contributor
88 posts
19 reviews
Graffiti Wall

So what's the 411 on the graffiti wall south of the Arch? Sounds like an interesting photo op. Is it walk-able from the Arch area?

Thanks!

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Graffiti Wall

It's a very long floodwall that gets painted and re-painted by the best graffiti artists in the city. Some of the work is absolutely amazing. The location is definitely daytime only and kind of desolate, which translates to scary for me. I'm not aware of any trouble people have had there, maybe someone else can chime in. We have not felt uncomfortable driving up and down the wall with the occasional stop, though.

I did a search on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/search/…

St. Louis
Destination Expert
for Saint Louis
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Graffiti Wall

As TTT noted, a sketchy area mostly because it's desolate, bordered by the river, interstates, and abandoned warehouses. Definitely walk able from the Arch. We parked by there a few years back when the Cardinals won the World Series and they had the welcoming celebration at Busch.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
3. Re: Graffiti Wall

There is art in the flood walls both North and South of the arch. The North bike trail runs along the wall and gets more traffic but either way is probably OK during the day. Chouteau ave gets pretty sketchy and it is not uncommon for people to be robbed in that area, not so much right at the river which has a lot of industrial activity, but further West where it starts bumping some project housing. In general unless you are familiar with the area stay North of I-64, and South of Convention Plaza when walking round.

4. Re: Graffiti Wall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2018, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Saint Louis