We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fantasy island or south pacific

lordhoweisland
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
fantasy island or south pacific

we are just wondering which place to stay is the best we are 4 women who can not decide on which place.any ideas

10 replies to this topic
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
11,739 posts
51 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: fantasy island or south pacific

I'm sorry but its hard to respond to such a vague post without more information about what you plan to do.

The South Pacific is huge and "fantasy island"??? Keeping in mind that we are volunteers who like helping fellow travellers with advice, we are not paid travel agents!!!

Sydney NSW
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
2. Re: fantasy island or south pacific

Famrick , the reference is to two different accommodation venues on Norfolk Island at Burnt Pine. dikenny,I'm sorry I can't help though, as I'm only taking my first trip to Norfolk Island in January. I just looked at both online and I personally like the look of the South Pacific for the live entertainment and restaurant and the rooms look nice but I'm only going on the same information you would have googled.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
7,014 posts
268 reviews
558 helpful votes
3. Re: fantasy island or south pacific

Hi dikenny

Although I've been to Norfolk many times I've never stayed at either of the resorts you mention as I prefer individual accommodation. However, I know well where they both are so I'll try and help.

South Pacific Resort is an older resort right in the middle of town (Burnt Pine). It has had extensive upgrading over a number of years and was still a work in progress last year. It does have a restaurant but is very much a 'hotel' resort.

Fantasy Island Resort is at the far end of town but still within walking distance of everything. It doesn't have a restaurant but all the units have kitchens which to me is an advantage as it gives flexibility. It has a far more open feel and the views would be better. I do know the owners try to introduce guests staying there by arranging a meal out together which may or may not appeal to you.

If I had to choose between the two I would go for Fantasy Island Resort.

You could also look at Heritage Hill resort (which has also been undergoing renovations) which has a restaurant and wonderful views. They offer a range of accommodation including a few garden cottages. It's just outside the grid of Burnt Pine but still within walking distance to everything.

Check to see if a car is included as you really will need one on Norfolk.

Hope this helps a little. Let us know if we can help further. Are you really from Lord Howe Island?

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
11,739 posts
51 reviews
18 helpful votes
4. Re: fantasy island or south pacific

Oops I missed the point that the request for info was for accommodation on Norfolk Island I hope the OP has a great trip.

Oz
Level Contributor
18,996 posts
41 reviews
22 helpful votes
5. Re: fantasy island or south pacific

Hi,

You are kidding aren't you.

Going from Lord Howe Island to Norfolk Island for a "Holiday". Would be like living in Hawaii and taking a holiday in Philidelphia. Bizarre in the extreme.

Cheers,

lordhoweisland
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: fantasy island or south pacific

yes I do live on lord howe island. And it is the best place on earth. I am asking about Norfolk because my mum would like to go there she does not live on lord howe but has visited me a few times.

lordhoweisland
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: fantasy island or south pacific

yes I agree.i am enquiring for my mum. Lord howe island rocks

New Zealand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,014 posts
268 reviews
558 helpful votes
8. Re: fantasy island or south pacific

Hi again

Lord Howe is certainly on my bucket list but unfortunately it's more difficult, and much more expensive, to get there from NZ.

Will your Mum and her friends be happy to drive? Although there are plenty of tours it's much better to have your own vehicle to get around - even just down to Emily Bay for a swim.

lordhoweisland
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: fantasy island or south pacific

they are going to hire a car.they are thinking about the south pacific.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,014 posts
268 reviews
558 helpful votes
10. Re: fantasy island or south pacific

Hi again

If they fancy the South Pacific Resort then they should go with it. It does have the advantage of being in the centre of town and it has a restaurant, unlike Fantasy Island Resort. I've never eaten at that restaurant (Metcalfe's) and it doesn't get many reviews which may mean all or nothing! And I assume they won't be interested in any self-catering?

But if they do book there, make sure they ask for a refurbished rooms as I don't think they are all finished yet, but could be wrong. I also suggest they specifically ask for rooms with sea views - I don't think many do.

What drew them to those 2 resorts or is it a recommendation from a travel agent?

Reply to: fantasy island or south pacific
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Burnt Pine
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.