We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks 2accommodations in Burnt Pine

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
192 posts
75 reviews
42 helpful votes
2 weeks 2accommodations in Burnt Pine

Hi. We are looking at dividing our 2 weeks between 2 accommodations around Burnt Pine. We have previously stayed at Whisperingpine cottages for a week and loved it. Spouse thinks 2 weeks is too long so have to make the 2 weeks interesting and °new°. (and some great books:)

Also Want to make sure we have a rental car for the fortnight.

Does anyone have a rec. For accommodation in similar setting to Whispering Pine near town centre and maybe just a tad better.

Not comfortable\sure changing accommodation - changing rentals etc...... if rec. Better could stay for fortnight.

Really appreciate your help ( yet again)

5 replies to this topic
Oz
Level Contributor
18,996 posts
41 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: 2 weeks 2accommodations in Burnt Pine

Hi,

I think you should listen to your spouse :-)

Cheers,

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
192 posts
75 reviews
42 helpful votes
2. Re: 2 weeks 2accommodations in Burnt Pine

Haha I know I should have but .....

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
7,014 posts
268 reviews
558 helpful votes
3. Re: 2 weeks 2accommodations in Burnt Pine

Hi lous594

Being a small island I'm not entirely sure changing places halfway through will make a lot of difference. But sometimes a completely new place can make things more interesting.

However, just a few suggestions for you to look at.

Ocean Breeze Cottages have exactly the same layout as Whispering Pines but are more modern. Excellent views, probably closer than Whispering Pines. Managed by the same people I think so that would solve the problem of changing rental cars if you did want a split booking.

Kentia Apartments further along in Collins Head Road or Endeavour Lodge next door.

Routi House is a stand-alone cottage in part of the Ponderosa complex, but completely separate.

If you want to go more upmarket have a look at Tintoela or Shearwater Villas.

Just about every accommodation provider, except for a couple of resorts, have a rental car as part of the package.

Let me know if any of those look interesting.

Edited: 9 years ago
Brisbane...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: 2 weeks 2accommodations in Burnt Pine

Cumberland Resort and Spa is walking distance to town, The Jolly Roger, cyclorama Hilli's etc . The resort is beautiful to stay at and enjoy the facilities.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
20,909 posts
31 reviews
43 helpful votes
5. Re: 2 weeks 2accommodations in Burnt Pine

Elizabeth please check the dates of posts before resurrecting them from the grave. This thread is 20 months old.

Reply to: 2 weeks 2accommodations in Burnt Pine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Burnt Pine
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.