We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to attend a KC Chiefs game

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to attend a KC Chiefs game

I am a die hard KC Chiefs fan and I'm planning a trip to KC with my family (wife, me and one 6 yo) in late Nov arriving in KC on Friday and leaving on Sunday at 7 pm (game is at 12.00 pm).

I'm planning to stay at the Marriott (Downtown) and the questions would be:

- Should i hire a car for the trip or take taxis/uber?

- knowing that i will have baggage with me and I'm checking out of the hotel on sunday morning, what would you recomend when it comes to going to the game and then go to the airport? (I don't know what to do with my baggage for this day!)

- would i have enough time to leave the baggage at the hotel, go to the game, go back to the hotel to pick them up and then go to the airport?

- if the game is at 12 pm, is the 7 pm flight ok?

Any other commets will help!

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
900 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to attend a KC Chiefs game

I would think you almost have to leave the baggage at the hotel. On a normal day from Arrowhead to the airport with a stop at the Marriott to get your luggage would take about 40 minutes. I'm not familiar with how quick an Uber/Cab can get it in to pick you up after the game but being on the safe side I would add in an additional hour to that 40 minutes. If game ends in the normal 3 hour time period that should put you at the airport no later than 5pm.

Liberty, Missouri
Level Contributor
121 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to attend a KC Chiefs game

You might want to strongly consider renting a car so that you'll have it with you at the stadium with all your luggage and ready to head up to the airport. I don't know how much you can rely on taxis and uber to be there to pick you up at the stadium when the game is over. If you can get one pretty quickly, I agree with the comment that you will want to leave your luggage at the Marriott, allow some time to go get it, and you should have enough time. I just don't know whether you can count on a taxi or uber to be there when you need it, because other fans will be trying to do the same thing. Perhaps other folks will have some insight on that.

If you drive to the stadium and park there, be sure to get your parking pass online ahead of time to save quite a few bucks and give yourself more options to enter the stadium.

Reply to: Trip to attend a KC Chiefs game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor