We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super five days in Sayulita

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Super five days in Sayulita

My husband, our friend, Vickie, and I spent five wonderful days in Sayulita prior to traveling to PV for seven days. I was concerned after reading so many negative comments on the Sayulita forum but have to say that we saw NO issues that would stop us from going back. All we saw were wonderfully happy people enjoying the food, the beach, and the wonderful vibe of the city. We ate out every meal - some of our favorites were Don Pedro's, Union Pub, Trattoria Tuscana, The Break, El Espresso, and Blue Corn Mama. We all enjoyed relaxing massages at Nirvana and had lots of cold beers at Coco Beach Club with our toes in the sand. We drank bottled water and took the normal precautions we do whenever we travel. I wholeheartedly recommend Sayulita as a super place in which to unwind.

We took the rather long walk over the bridge leaving the airport and caught a cab to the town -- it was quite a bit less expensive going back from Sayulita TO Puerto Vallarta. We rented a two-bedroom casita through VRBO that was about a five-minute walk from town....the only noise we heard was our two-legged rooster/alarm clock every morning. The first day, he actually got a bit confused and started crowing at 3 AM....NOT what we needed, but not anything we couldn't cope with -- we were on VACATION! The place was on Bugambilia at the foot of the hill so that we didn't have to climb nearly as far after a day of walking and/or relaxing. We didn't really get into the water much more than to wet our feet, but there were lots of surfers and parents with little kids helping them in and out of the surf. We had a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Sayulita
Sayulita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Don Pedro's Restaurant & Bar
Don Pedro's Restaurant...
1,042 Reviews
Sayulita, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
12 replies to this topic
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
6,321 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super five days in Sayulita

Thanks for the report. Good to hear another trip where no got sick.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
585 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super five days in Sayulita

Your Saulita trip sounds idyllic! Thank you for posting.

Sayulita
Level Contributor
840 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super five days in Sayulita

That's terrific, Diane. Thanks for posting. It sounds like you did everything everyone does with no problems. Thanks for posting, and Sayulita looks forward to welcoming you back anytime!

Mentioned in this post
Sayulita
Sayulita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,350 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Super five days in Sayulita

Diane, It's always wonderful to hear about a fun trip like yours and I especially liked your comment about the 2-legged "alarm clock"!

Thanks for your report!

White Salmon...
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Super five days in Sayulita

You're telling me that you did not smell or see the raw sewage stream flowing into the ocean? Correct?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Super five days in Sayulita

Yes, that's what I'm saying. I saw where there was an almost dry creek bed flowing into the ocean where effluent could have possibly flowed at one time, but there was no issue with it in the time we were there.. There was a bit of stagnant water but no real smell that we noticed.

White Salmon...
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Super five days in Sayulita

That's great. We have friends headed down in a week.

Banff, Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Super five days in Sayulita

Thanks for posting this!

Camarillo...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Super five days in Sayulita

So great to hear you had a fantastic time! My family and I have been vacationing in Sayulita for years and we just love it! We just got back- here is what our trip looked like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAwbevVJy9s

Mentioned in this post
Sayulita
Sayulita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Super five days in Sayulita

Thank you SO much for posting that fantastic video - it really shows the heart and soul of Sayulita. It's obvious why so many people return year after year. I really enjoyed seeing the area again -- can't wait to go back. So many super memories. As the mural in town said "We're Happies, not Hippies."

Mentioned in this post
Sayulita
Sayulita
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Reply to: Super five days in Sayulita
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita