We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping and other advice

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
97 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping and other advice

My two daughters, ages 18 and 23, and I will soon be spending a couple of days in Branson for girls get-away. After doing some research on TA I've booked a hotel and couple of shows (Acrobats of China and SIX). I am now looking for suggestions for fun places to eat (wondering about Mel's Hard Luck Diner....great reviews so far) My oldest loves Mexican food. Is Casa Fuentes good? Any other suggestions?

Both of the girls really love to shop....mostly for clothes but some other items. So unfortunately we'll be spending time doing that. I would appreciate suggestions of places to take young women who are on a budget to shop. My oldest dresses conservatively while my 18 year old likes to find the unusual. Thanks!

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
938 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping and other advice

For shopping the girls (and you) would probably enjoy the outlet mall on 76. It has the usual Pac sun, Rue 21, Levis, Old Navy and others. The Landing shopping area is nice too with familiar stores, a few interesting places like a hot sauce place and Tervis tumbler store - plus you can walk along the river and maybe enjoy one of the restaurants. Old downtown Branson has a few shops that are fun to visit - candy store, the usual T-shirts and fudge and Dicks 5 & 10.

I would agree that the Hard Luck Diner is a fun place to eat. Maybe a lunch at the Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks too. All the kids attending the school work on campus to pay for their tuition. There is a museum and other buildings you can visit too. Maybe your girls would enjoy seeing what people their age are doing at this college?

Indiana
Level Contributor
97 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping and other advice

Thanks for the thoughtful suggestions. I had seen that there was an outlet mall nearby, but some are better than others. ; ) I had also seen reference to the Landing but wasn't sure what was there. Lunch and a walk by the river sound nice. Hope the weather cooperates. Thanks also for the suggestion to visit the college. I wouldn't have thought of that. Both are in school and may appreciate a look at what others are doing.

KCMO
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping and other advice

My girls, 21 and 17 love the Landing and normally eat at Garfields there. The Tanger outlet mall is pretty good too but we like the Landing better. Andy's Frozen custard is a good place to stop for some ice cream. At the far end of the strip is a store called Carolina Mills. They have some really cheap prices on clothing and other accessories. I am not a fan but my mom, aunts, sisters and cousins all love the place. Across the street from Walmart is a jewelry and accessories store. I can't think of the name but it close to Maggie Moos.

Viola, Arkansas
Level Contributor
94 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping and other advice

what time of year will you be going? If the weather is warm enough there are some good resturants at Landing with outside seating next to Lake Taneycomo, (very nice to just sit and enjoy the outdoors) On the way down to the Landing there is a resturant on your left I think it is called Farmhouse cafe, they have wonderful home cooked if you like that kind of stuff. You and your girls will have have plenty of places to shop at least i know my two girls like it ( ages 16 and 22) Just make sure and just get out of your room and enjoy the Ozarks!!

5. Re: Shopping and other advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 March 2012, 03:12
Indiana
Level Contributor
97 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping and other advice

Thanks, everyone, for your input. We are planning on going to Branson March 13 and were so sad to hear the news of the tornado last night. I haven't heard details of damage yet so don''t know how it will affect our plans. So sad to hear of deaths from these tornadoes.

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
938 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping and other advice

Explore Branson on facebook has a link with a list of businesses affected by the storms. Go to www.explorebranson.com to see the list. Looks like there are a few theaters, hotels and restaurants that won't be open soon. Some of the theaters have posts on facebook that they had minimal or no damage and will continue business as usual. We are headed down next month for a week - and actually were supposed to be there yesterday! Glad our plans got changed now! Where are you coming from in Indiana? We are originally from Northern Indiana.

Indiana
Level Contributor
97 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping and other advice

Thanks for posting the Explore Branson link. It's really helpful. We have lived in Vincennes IN for many years. My husband is originally from Indy and I'm from a small town north of Muncie. Glad to hear a change of plans caused you to miss the storm.

9. Re: Shopping and other advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Branson