We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogs on Beaches?

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
8 posts
574 reviews
Save Topic
Dogs on Beaches?

Are leashed dogs allowed on the beaches in Bay St. Louis? Is there a better beach in the area for dogs?

Mentioned in this post
2 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51,504 posts
1,730 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dogs on Beaches?

Here is one of a fairly long list of "dogs on beaches" threads: https:/…78236937

Good luck,

Hunt

Crystal Springs...
Level Contributor
853 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dogs on Beaches?

You've hit on a huge topic for Mississippi beaches. The answer is yes and no and yes . In BSL it's okay at the park. All along the Mississippi coast it changes. It's very foolish. We have a small dog on leash and a yacht in Gulfport marina. We have been everywhere and never been busted for possession of a dog. We have restaurants that allow dogs. The deal with the dog restriction is supposedly Tern nesting protection. I don't see it happening. There are several communities without restrictions. Beach cops don't want to write someone up for a well mannered dog. They have plenty more to watch ... like the run wild dogs without collars. I have retired in southern Mississippi. In my opinion go ahead and take a good dog on a leash anywhere you please.

Mentioned in this post
Mississippi
Mississippi
United States
Gulfport
Gulfport
Mississippi
Reply to: Dogs on Beaches?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bay Saint Louis