We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic getaway

mn
Level Contributor
76 posts
151 reviews
Romantic getaway

my wife and I are staying at the Sauntry Mansion for a 1 night get away. I am looking for a nice quiet place to eat dinner and have a couple drinks before after. I was hoping that it would be within walking. Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
223 reviews
1. Re: Romantic getaway

I really love the Green Room, but you're not very close - is 9 blocks or so too far to walk? I wouldn't think so, but it will depend on the weather. I assume you know how hilly Stillwater is?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Romantic getaway

Most of the places I know of are right down on Main and 8-10 blocks walk. Walkability is different to each person. I know that wouldn't be too far for me.

My wife and I have been twice now to Reve 324 and liked that it was a little quiter than most other spots we have been to in Stillwater, a little fancier too (hence the fancy French name). I think most places can be romantic but one of the key ingredients for me at least is getting away from noise. On our two trips (only two so we are not experts and it could happen that the time you go would be different) we liked the atmosphere and the lack of noise and my wife especially liked the craft cocktail menu (which i can't speak to because that is NOT my thing). The poured a nice Manhattan though!

To me, walking around Stillwater is part of the experience. Great town for walking. I can even deal with the hills with little issue. Definitely better than looking for a parking spot on a weekend!

mn
Level Contributor
76 posts
151 reviews
3. Re: Romantic getaway

We aren't opposed to walking if the weather is nice. We are still plenty young and the hills won't bother us. A restaurant with a nice drink menu for my wife would be great. I am fin with a beer. Something quiet is good to so that we can talk. If we want to go out to a bar after dinner that is always an option to. Thanks for the help.

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
9 posts
108 reviews
4. Re: Romantic getaway

The Sauntry Mansion (good choice BTW, it's lovely) is on the North Hill so if you are okay with walking then you will be fine walking to downtown. People at Sauntry can point you in the right direction. I agree the Green Room is a good choice. The Reve 324 is now closed. Domacin Wine Bar has fun atmosphere and good drinks, the Dock Cafe has the best view of the river and is quiet, Marx has great food/drinks but can be loud unless you get a seat in a corner, Luna Rossa can be quiet and has good Italian food. All of these are on Main Street and within a few blocks of each other.

Have a great weekend. It's a very romantic town and September is beautiful!

Reply to: Romantic getaway
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stillwater