We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to TCF bank stadium

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
transportation to TCF bank stadium

My friend and I are travelling to Minneapolis from Canada next weekend, and staying at Super 8 Bloomington. we are attending a concert at TCF bank stadium and wondering what would be the best way to get there? we can either take our vehicle (what is the parking situation like?) or we could take the public transportation. I'm just looking for advice on which would be the best method.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: transportation to TCF bank stadium

I wouldn't want my car anywhere near the stadium for a concert. It is in an older part of the city where the university is and it's not built to handle large events, so you see gridlock before and after games. Particularly after. And you will likely see high parking rates too.

I would drive up to the park and ride lot at 62 and Hwy 55 in Minneapolis and park there and take the blue line light rail to the Downtown East Station and get off there and change to the eastbound (toward St. Paul) green line train to the stadium village stop. If you plan to return within a 6-hour time frame, get the 6-hour pass on your way TO the show so you can reuse that same pass for the ride home and bypass the line to buy tickets after the show. Or else you can just grab a drink after the show and let the train crowd die down.

Iowa
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: transportation to TCF bank stadium

Luke Bryan, can't wait!! We will be there too!

3. Re: transportation to TCF bank stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2016, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Bloomington