We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sterling heights and area

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sterling heights and area

We will be coming to sterling heights for a bowling tournament. We are not familiar with the area so wondering if sterling heights i the best place to stay or if there are other suburbs close by that would be better? We are looking for a nice area where we will feel safe.

4 replies to this topic
Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sterling heights and area

Sterling Heights is quite safe. Typical suburbia. Depending on where the bowling alley is, there may be closer hotels in adjoining cities (Fraser, Troy, Utica, Clinton Township, Warren). Let us know what bowling alley is hosting the event and we can give better information on hotels.

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sterling heights and area

Is the tournament at Sunnybrook Lanes?

Macomb, Michigan
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sterling heights and area

I grew up in Sterling Heights. It is extremely safe. I know lots of families that live there now. My church is located there.

The Best Western Sterling Inn is a really nice hotel, and it has a great indoor waterpark if you're interested in swimming. It's attached to a fun and quirky restaurant with great food called the Loon River Cafe. The location is on 15 Mile Rd. at Van Dyke. On the diagonal corner is a nice movie theatre that just opened a couple years ago.

Macomb, Michigan
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sterling heights and area

If you're looking for something very upscale, try Rochester Hills or Troy near Somerset Mall (located in Oakland County, about 30 minutes outside Sterling Heights.)

Reply to: Sterling heights and area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sterling Heights