We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Get Away in November

Midwest Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Get Away in November

My husband and I are staying 3 nights at the Bella Vita Suites in November to celebrate our birthdays and just getting away from our teenage kids and reality. Would love some suggestions for good food with good drinks. My husband is an avid beer drinker- likes different varieties. Anyplace still have live music that time of year? I thought I saw 3 breweries/wineries on one street but all the reviews just mention one winery in Fennville - I'm a bit confused. Where should we go for a more romantic late dinner and cocktails - someplace alittle dressy but not formal.

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Get Away in November

There are 3 winery tasting rooms in downtown Saugatuck. Fenn Valley Winery and vineyards are 15 minutes away in Fennville. There are also another 10-15 wineries within an hours drve of Saugatuck. As far as beer, Saugatuck Brewing Co is in Douglas and there are numerous micro-breweries all over West Michigan. Great spots for dining/cocktails include Everyday People Cafe, Salt of the Earth and Phils. For more info, check out saugatuckdouglas.com

Mentioned in this post
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Salt of the Earth
Salt of the Earth
490 Reviews
Fennville, MI
Phil's Bar & Grille
Phil's Bar & Grille
990 Reviews
Saugatuck, MI
Saugatuck, Michigan
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Get Away in November

HollyAnn,

Fenn Valley, Tabor Hill and Round Barn all have tasting rooms on Butler Street which is right downtown Saugatuck. They have all of their wines and you can purchase wine there too. Fenn Valley, as Lakeffect said, is the closest actual vineyard in the area and, while the vineyard tours will be done in November, you should still be able to do the indoor tour and tasting there.

Saugatuck Brewing Company is on Blue Star Hwy in Douglas. Great brewery and restaurant and, my guess is, they will have live music on the weekends. You will find plenty of live music venues downtown Saugatuck as well. White House, Coral Gable, Sand Bar, Wicks Park all should have some type of entertainment at least on Saturdays.

Mentioned in this post
Butler Street
Butler Street
334 Reviews
Saugatuck, MI
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
Saugatuck Brewing Company
Saugatuck Brewing Company
437 Reviews
Douglas, MI
Midwest Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Get Away in November

Thanks for the tips. We love live music so glad to hear places continue that into the winter months. I'm usually not too excited about the cold months coming on, but bring on November! I'm ready for a fun weekend with just my hubby!

Midwest Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Get Away in November

Thanks so much for the advice. One question that may seem slightly rediculous especially if you are a guy - but am I going to look like an idiot walking into one of these restaurants in a fur coat? or is Saugatuck a place where nobody cares or notices?

Mentioned in this post
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
Saugatuck, Michigan
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Get Away in November

Saugatuck is a town where you will see just about every fashion statement so no worries about the fur. Personal feelings aside, it's really a town that, if you're happy, we're happy. Just come, eat, shop and enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
Midwest Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Get Away in November

Wonderful -that is my kind of town.

7. Re: Couples Get Away in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 17:25
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck
More Saugatuck Topics