We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with a Children's Menu

Detroit
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants with a Children's Menu

Looking restaurants that are young family friendly....Also, take out suggestions?

With two little kids, meals are usually quick and unpretentious...but would still like to enjoy what we're eating! I guess I'm looking for options!

Thanks! You guys have been great!

=D

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
341 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants with a Children's Menu

For childrens menus, try Mermaid, Monroes, & Wild Dog.

Marro's take out pizza is always ready in 15 minutes, enjoy at the beach or nearby park along the river.

Saugatuck, Michigan
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants with a Children's Menu

Phil's has a kids' menu too, and it's loud there so your kids don't have to "behave"! :-) Alas, it's smoky in the bar area but not TOO bad way in the back.

Other restaurants mentioned are good choices, too.

For a quick bite--but not sure they're gourmet options: there's a burrito shack on Water at Mary, haven't tried it yet but have heard it's good.

Also an ice cream/sandwich place on the corner of Hoffman and Water, can't think of the name...could grab sandwiches and eat at a park. And, "the annex" at Coral Gables (Hoffman and Water, closer to the water)--hot dogs, sandwiches, outside tables.

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Phil's Bar & Grille
Phil's Bar & Grille
952 Reviews
Saugatuck, MI
Detroit
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants with a Children's Menu

Perfect! Sunny skies today too! It will be a great drive into town....will do a report when I return (or when my little monkeys are asleep!)....

Thanks again!

=D

Saugatuck, Michigan
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants with a Children's Menu

A couple of other choices besides the great ones already given could be:

Outside at the Butler. Lighter menu with burgers, sandwiches, etc. Everything served in baskets, disposable utensils, plastic cups make it VERY casual but you're outside and the kids can have a good time. Good location with plenty to see on the water and in the park next door.

Scooters Pizza. GREAT pizza, wraps, casual family dining that you can't go wrong with.

Enjoy your visit.

Mentioned in this post
The Butler
The Butler
738 Reviews
Saugatuck, MI
Illinois
Level Contributor
213 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants with a Children's Menu

Spectator Sports Bar & Grill on Blue Star Highway is a very casual place with a children's menu. My two year old neice did fine there.

6. Re: Restaurants with a Children's Menu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 17:23
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck
Recent Conversations
More Saugatuck Topics