We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend trip report

Indy
Level Contributor
432 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend trip report

Just got back from a long weekend in Saugatuck with a group of 8 friends. We rented a beautiful home in Douglas that was walking distance to Douglas Beach. What a beautiful area. The area along Lakeshore Drive is breathtaking with long views of Lake Michigan at some points. Friday we had lunch at Stray Dog in Douglas and it was really good. Walked thru some quaint shops while we waited for our house to be ready. Saturday we took the Interurban over to Saugatuck and shopped all day and had lunch at The Mermaid. It was good as usual. This was my first summer visit to the area and all the landscaping looked so fabulous. I will definitely return again and again during summer. I can't wait to return.

Mentioned in this post
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend trip report

Glad you had a nice time Northside. Come again soon.

Indy
Level Contributor
432 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend trip report

Oh I will. I'm trying to figure out if I can get back up there this summer! Love it!

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
769 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend trip report

My ears are perking up:

interurban? Where exactly does that run (which communities) Sounds great for people without a car (which we will be)

However we're still trying to stay around St. Joe. South Haven also appeals. I'm hoping that the Interurban runs that far?

Mentioned in this post
South Haven
South Haven
Van Buren County, MI
Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
769 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend trip report

just ignore my last post/reply.

I just did a search for interurban and know now that it's the local trolley/bus for the Saugatuck/Douglas area.

Mentioned in this post
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
Illinois
Level Contributor
214 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend trip report

We just got back from Saugatuck, and a 4night stay. Will post a real report when I am not so tired and maybe even some photos.

Traveled with my hubby, and two teenage sons. Oldest son (20) and my sister and her 2 year old daughter joined us on Friday eevning and stayed through Sun.

We had a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Saugatuck
Saugatuck
Allegan County, MI
6. Re: Weekend trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 18:31
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck
More Saugatuck Topics