We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More info, please

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
More info, please

Hi All,

We have reservations for this Tuesday & Wednesday staying on Water Street in Saugatuck, looks like right downtown.

From all that I've read here, it looks like we want to try both Everyday People and Blue Moon for dinners and maybe Mermaid's, Phil's, Boathouse or Wally's for lunch? I'm assuming there is no dress codes to worry about?

Will we be able to take the Ferry over to Douglas and walk to the dinner spots or will we have to drive?

I can't find much info on the Ferry. Where is it, what are the hours and price?

Which of those lunch options would be the best if we want something other than burgers?

Also, I have been on the bars web pages and can't find any place with live music. Any ideas? Any other bits of knowlegde I should have before we go? Any places I've overlooked that deserves a mention? THANKS!

Saugatuck Dune Rides
Off-Road & ATV Trails
Butler Street
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Saugatuck Dunes State Park
Beaches, State Parks, Cross-country Ski Areas
Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
334 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More info, please

1. No dress codes to worry about.

2.Also try Wild Dog in downtown Douglas, all the places mentioned have options other than burgers.

3. The Chain Ferry is the last of its kind in the US., hand cranked along a chain across the Kalamazoo River. The only things on the other side are our free historical museum, steps to the top of Mt Baldhead or the hike to Oval Beach. It is not the way to get to Douglas. Hours vary but I think it runs til 9 pm. Cost is a dollar.

4.There is a free concert every Wed night in Wicks Park on Water St, next to the chain ferry, bring chairs. Other music options vary depending on the day. Saugatuck is small, if you wander around you'll hear any music.

5. Its a 3o minute walk from Saugatuck to downtown Douglas (Everyday People Cafe & Wild Dog)..need to drive to Blue Moon.

6. Everyday People is open 7 days during summer (normally closed Weds), don't miss it!

Indy
Level Contributor
431 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More info, please

I would pick Mermaid over Wally's for sure. Wally's is always crowded but their wait staff seem VERY rude. The food is good at Mermaid and the staff are very warm and welcoming. Expect a wait at both for lunch.

I have personally eaten at Blue Moon on my birthday last year and really enjoyed it. So much so in fact I'm going back next weekend for my friend's birthday celebration. The restaurant is beautiful inside or you can sit out on the patio. It is in Douglas though, not Saugatuck but it's very close. We are actually staying in Douglas this time so I'm looking forward to checking it out and Saugatuck too of course!

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More info, please

Thanks for the additional info, we are off in the morning!

4. Re: More info, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 22:24
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck
Recent Conversations
More Saugatuck Topics