We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide on place for dinner

Indy
Level Contributor
432 posts
38 reviews
Trying to decide on place for dinner

I have finally made a reservation to stay in Douglas next weekend (11th-12th) for 8-10 women for a nice girl's getaway. The home we are staying in has a great kitchen area so we will have most meals there but we are also celebrating a birthday on Saturday night. I'm trying to decide on Blue Moon, EPC or anything else anyone can recommend. I don't want to break the bank and also don't want to eat out of plastic baskets. :-)

Also, we are close to Douglas Beach or so I've been told. I've never been to this area. Is it a nice beach or should we go to Oval instead?

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
1,282 reviews
1. Re: Trying to decide on place for dinner

We loved Blue Moon and think it'd be a great place for a birthday celebration for a group of women. If you are looking for a nice beach, try the one on Lakeshore Dr., in Douglas. Not sure if that is the Douglas beach you are referring to, but it is a very nice beach-limited parking, must walk down to beach via steps. Gorgeous beach.

Indy
Level Contributor
432 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Trying to decide on place for dinner

I think Blue Moon is the winner too! Yes, that is the beach I was referring too (I think) I see we are very close to Lakeshore so I will plan to use that beach since it's so close! Thanks!

United States
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
277 reviews
3. Re: Trying to decide on place for dinner

I 3rd the Blue Moon. You should have an excellant meal there. EPC is nice and has some inventive dishes, however, Blue Moom seems more "upscale".

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
Level Contributor
349 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Trying to decide on place for dinner

Take it from a local, Everyday People Cafe!

If you can walk to Douglas Beach, it's a good choice although very small. Oval Beach is free after 7 pm if you want to enjoy sunset...bring chairs and bug spray, mosquitos are bad this year!

5. Re: Trying to decide on place for dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck
More Saugatuck Topics