We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

week long jet ski rentals?

Which Muskegon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
week long jet ski rentals?

Does anyone know of a place that rents out jet skis for more then the hourly rates i.e. for a few days or a week at a time? We are staying at a house on Lake Michigan and would like to have the jet ski for the duration or at least a good part of the stay.

Much thanks!

North Muskegon...
Level Contributor
757 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: week long jet ski rentals?

There used to be a place at Pere Marquette beach that rented watercraft but I believe it went out of business.

Otherwise Grand Haven has a place that rents them for $300 a day but not sure if they are trailable to Muskegon.

www.lake2lakewatersports.com/rentalrates.html

You could buy a used one for what it cost to rent one,lol.

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,517 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: week long jet ski rentals?

wow!!!! and i thought it was expensive to rent a snowmobile for $160/day up in the yoop!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: week long jet ski rentals?

I found someone in Grand Rapids- Xtreme Sports Rental. $500 for the week and provides trailer to pull etc. Not too bad, we'll see how it goes! He also has another ski, and 2 speed boats, fyi.

http://www.xsr-rental.com/

tkx!

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,517 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: week long jet ski rentals?

that's actually not a bad deal... does he supply trailers? if so, what's the charge, if any?

North Muskegon...
Level Contributor
757 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: week long jet ski rentals?

That would work.

They are about an hour away from Muskegon.

Be sure to check with your car insurance to be sure the rental is covered.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Saint Joseph
Level Contributor
980 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: week long jet ski rentals?

Depending on your age you will need to have passed a boating safety class with the coast guard to operate a jet ski on Lake Michigan. Don't remember the age limit. Anyone over a certain age is grandfathered in.

Be sure to watch the wave report too. Lake Michigan can be changeable and unpredictable!

7. Re: week long jet ski rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2016, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Muskegon
More Muskegon Topics