We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chikungkuya

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
337 reviews
Chikungkuya

Going to leon in a week. Will be about 2 blocks from the cathedral. A fellow traveller was telling me about this mosquito disease. I know they have sprayng and the number of cases have gone down. I am wonering if there are any locals here that are up to date on this issue

Granada Nicaragua
Level Contributor
963 posts
317 reviews
1. Re: Chikungkuya

Keep mosquitos off with insect repllent…long pants and shirt with long sleeves if not too hot.

At night..screened room or net…but I think these may be day mosquitoes that carry this…not sure and if so that is nice as hardest to protect at night.

We have it here, but it is far from an epidemic.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
337 reviews
2. Re: Chikungkuya

I am in Granada now. In 3 visits here maybe saw one mosquito. Have some deet wear long pants anywy. Only have one longsleeve it might be 36 there! Hotel has ac

3. Re: Chikungkuya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2016, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Leon
More Leon Topics