We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night out for drinks and music

western usa
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Night out for drinks and music

Hey we'll be in Kzoo in June and looking for a place to go out after dinner for drinks. Problem is we only have Monday night to hook up with friends from out of town. Looking for a 20's-30's crowd and music where we could dance if we feel like it. Is there anywhere downtown with hip hop music or a DJ? Not looking for Monaco Bay. I know, locals are probably laughing right now -- college town in the summer on a Monday night! Thanks for any help.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Night out for drinks and music

wayside west is a 3 floor bar/ dance place and they serve food. But it is near campus so it is a lot of college students. They have good specials tho. Not sure about the type of music but they have a dance floor so im sure it's music to dance to.

I can't think of anywhere else off hand with what ur lookin for except wayside

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Night out for drinks and music

I would second the Wayside. Since most college kids are gone for the summer there is a better chance that an older crowd will be in there.

There used to be some dance clubs downtown but I don't think any are open anymore. Bourbon Street might but I haven't heard anyone talk about it in a long time.

You might also try the Firehouse.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Night out for drinks and music

The firehouse may be good. Not sure about the dance scene there tho

western usa
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Night out for drinks and music

Ok, skip the dancing, should have known a Monday night would be stretching it :) Just looking for an upscale place for drinks, that has the best chance of being busy on a Monday night. Really want to be downtown so we might be able to walk to a few places? Burdicks? The Union? Fandango Tapas Bistro? Olde Peninsula Brew Pub?

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Night out for drinks and music

Shakesperes

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Night out for drinks and music

Burdicks is great. There is also Zazios if you want something REALLY upscale. Olde Penninsula is good...Wild Bull or Manaco Bay. Bells Bar.

7. Re: Night out for drinks and music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Kalamazoo