We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandwich Lamberts listing has Centerville photos

Sandwich...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
Sandwich Lamberts listing has Centerville photos

The orange “barn” you show for this Sandwich Lamberts is actually the photo of the Centerville store. This is confusing customers and driving the owners of both stores crazy. The 2 Lamberts are owned by brothers and are 9 miles apart!

Here’s a photo, taken from Google Earth, of the Sandwich Lamberts on Cotuit Road:

Now look at the orange barn that houses the Centerville Lamberts on West Main Street. This is the photo you are now using as the “marquee” photo for the Sandwich store and needs to be removed ASAP, please from that listing:

view-from-the-parking.jpeg

Furthermore, all but one of the rest of the photos used in the Sandwich Lamberts listing are wrong…showing instead the interior of the Centerville store.

THIS one below now in use on the Sandwich Trip Advisor listing IS ok for the Sandwich store only. The file name is:

snacks-and-beverage-coolers.jpeg

How do I know this?

1. I am the webmaster for the Centerville Lamberts and I am in there every day.

Take a look at the photos on “my” website to see the orange barn and the salad bar you show in Sandwich mistakenly:

www.lambertsfruitcenterville.com

2. I live in Sandwich and also go to the Sandwich Lamberts now and then.

Monday, I created a whole new listing for the Centerville Lamberts; it’s in the process of review by you now.

Hopefully this will end this confusion.

Meanwhile, please follow my suggestions and fix the errant photos I have identified for you.

One more thing…. the category of “Restaurant” for both of these stores is only marginally correct. Fact is, they are mostly “green grocers” (fresh fruits and vegetables) which also happen to have a deli section selling sandwiches and a few hot entrees and soups to go. Both have a salad bar. Both stores have picnic tables outside but no indoor seating at all.

So…..given that information, I don’t know what you’d think is a better category. Certainly, travelers do look for a place that sells "to go" food such as sandwiches, food they can take to the beach, etc. But neither of these stores falls into the “Fast Food” category which would make them sound like a McDonalds….no way! Both delis sell expensive Boars Head meats and cheeses, not burgers.

Thanks kindly,

Dave Doolittle

Sandwich MA

6 replies to this topic
South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
695 posts
10 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: Sandwich Lamberts listing has Centerville photos

You do realize that this forum is for TA USERS to assist other USERS and it's NOT a TA tech support forum which your post appears to be directed at, ok?

You need to find the USERS who are responsible for the listings and have them work on this.

We're just people who like to help out visitors to Cape and while some of us may also own a business, it's not intended for us to promote those.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,449 posts
1,217 reviews
769 helpful votes
2. Re: Sandwich Lamberts listing has Centerville photos

"Meanwhile, please follow my suggestions and fix the errant photos I have identified for you".

Dave - You need to do your homework and figure out who your audience is (and also figure out how this website works). You are writing to your fellow travelers and volunteers.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
16,075 posts
34 reviews
31 helpful votes
3. Re: Sandwich Lamberts listing has Centerville photos

Perhaps you could start here Dave.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12…

But, for the few times I've needed some help, I look around until I find a TA and address them directly and with success.

Another thought is that you might want to send a private message to Yellowbird who also owns a Cape business and may be able to send you in the right direction.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
14 reviews
39 helpful votes
4. Re: Sandwich Lamberts listing has Centerville photos

Dave, I would follow Cape Cod Charlie's link to the Owner's Help Forum. Although it is not technically run by the TA tech. team, I believe they do check in on it.

More effective might be to use the link for Business Representative Support that you should find on the Business management Center of the business you need help with. https:/…w746 or this one if you are on a mobile device https:/…w761

It takes time....be patient and persistent. Good luck!

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
11 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Sandwich Lamberts listing has Centerville photos

Dear Webmaster:

Early lesson. of you want to post a photo so I can see it, you have to have the image hosted somewhere. How do you think we can see the images otherwise?

Dang. I think the orange barn debacle is least of Lambert's worries.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
7,175 posts
251 reviews
140 helpful votes
6. Re: Sandwich Lamberts listing has Centerville photos

I am constantly amazed at how many people misunderstand what these forum are all about.

Unless i am mistaken, whoever set up the entries for Sandwich Lamberts should be able to straighten it out.

Reply to: Sandwich Lamberts listing has Centerville photos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sandwich