We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend

Hauppauge, New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Girls weekend

Hello,

My two girlfriends and I are going to Kripalu but have an extra day and would like to explore the area and have lunch and dinner. We're staying at the Marriott. Any suggestions for three young at heart, active 50 year olds? Neither of us have been to the area before. Thanks!!

13 replies to this topic
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
235 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Girls weekend

Pleasant Valley Sanctuary, Kennedy Park, both in Lenox

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
5 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Girls weekend

It’s mud season and has been rainy/snowy most of the week so bring appropriate footwear and expect mud!!

Lenox, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
430 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Girls weekend

All the above are great suggestions. I'd choose Alta in Lenox as another option for a terrific dinner. Make reservations early.

There are lots of hiking opportunities. Pleasant Valley in Lenox is a good close choice. Take the Bluebird Trail to the Overbrook Trail for a very pretty uphill hike along a mountain stream to a great view from the top of the mountain. If you want something with less elevation there are tons of other options there as well.

Renting a bike along the 11 mile Ashuwilticook Rail Trail is another fun option. We have found that the easiest bike rental is Berkshire Outfitters in Adams. They have very easy access to the rail trail, so you don't have to transport the bikes. You would take the trail south from their entrance and can go all the way to Lanesboro and then return. It is a beautiful ride.

Reply to: Girls weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted