We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend

Hauppauge, New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Girls weekend

Hello,

My two girlfriends and I are going to Kripalu but have an extra day and would like to explore the area and have lunch and dinner. We're staying at the Marriott. Any suggestions for three young at heart, active 50 year olds? Neither of us have been to the area before. Thanks!!

13 replies to this topic
Hauppauge, New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls weekend

I forgot to mention this is for next weekend!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
21,666 posts
686 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls weekend

Not sure there's a Marriott in that area, per se, but Nudel is our favorite by far.

Zinc is also well regarded. Have you clicked the Restaurants link on top of the page?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
230 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls weekend

We loved dinner at Nudel too.

If you are staying at the Marriott on Pittsfield Road in Lenox it will only be a short ride.

Should you are in the mood for great desserts, Chocolat Springs, also on Pittsfield Road has a wonderful selection.

For a casual meal, the Old Heritage Tavern is fun. Its a sports bar really, frequented by locals .

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,753 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls weekend

What are you interested in doing? Would the Norman Rockwell Museum be of any interest? How about Ventfort Hall or Edith Wharton's home, The Mount? Naumkeag is not far down the road in Stockbridge.

There are interesting shops in Lenox and Stockbridge.

The Olde Heritage is one of my favorite places.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
230 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls weekend

All 3 attractions mentioned by Howland Owl are well worth your visit.

If you head towards to Stockbridge, or me a visit to that beautiful village is never complete without a refreshment on the porch of the Red Lion Inn.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
230 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls weekend

All 3 attractions mentioned by Howland Owl are well worth your visit.

If you head towards to Stockbridge, or me a visit to that beautiful village is never complete without a refreshment on the porch of the Red Lion Inn.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
230 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls weekend

Apologize for the jumbled second paragraph of my previous post. Correction:

If you do head to Stockbridge, for me a visit to that beautfiful village is never complete without a refreshment on the porch of the Red Lion Inn.

Hauppauge, New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls weekend

Thank you for all the great suggestions. We would like to do some hiking. Where would you suggest for that? The grounds of the Mount do look beautiful!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,753 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls weekend

For a hike you could also visit the Massachusetts Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary on West Mountain Road in Lenox.

In Stockbridge I second mimi's advice on the Red Lion. I stay there almost every year. You could visit the Lion's Den in the basement for drinks and music in the evening.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls weekend

Monument Mountain near Great Barrington is a nice hike.

Alta and Brava are both good dining choices in Lenox.

Reply to: Girls weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted