We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help!

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
100 posts
414 reviews
Save Topic
Please help!

We have been invited to a wedding at the Wychmere Resort July 20 2013. I am trying to find a place to stay for 3 nights that is clean and REASONABLE! We live in VA and will drive to the Cape. We would like to be close (within 10 miles) to the wedding venue. We really wnat to go to this wedding but by the time you add the cost of gas and tolls,a hotel night on the way north and another on the way south, plus 3 days on the cape we have spent $1000 and have not even given a wedding gift or had a cup of coffee. I am overwhelmed with all the hotel/B&B/inn choices on trip advisor and many do not have websites. Please help us find something. Clean and covenient to the venue is top priority. Thanks, Maria

14 replies to this topic
South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
578 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Please help!

The way I describe the Cape to my new tenants is that it's "Geographically challenged!" -- given: Rt 6 E goes west in P-town & vice versa; the Rt 28 as above; that S Chatham (where I'm at) is WEST of W. Chatham, etc.

BTW, back in 2007, I made a custom Google map that I share on my site to help folks get to Hyannis using the "back roads" -- I'll post link here just to show OP how I get to Hyannis in about 40 min even during summer without using Rt 6 or 28:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Please help!

The Tern Inn in Harwich is reasonable....

www.theterninn.com/index.htm

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
100 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Please help!

Thank you all for your quick response. We decided (after weighing all your suggestions) to stay at Blue Skyes Brewster. Its reasonable and a perfectly fine place to sleep during 4 days of wedding events. We are driving and hope to stay with friends on the way north (CT) and south (NJ) to cut down on hotel costs. Have made note of the traffic issues mentioned and will keepin mind when driving to the wedding events. Its been 30 years since we have been to Cape Cod and we are looking forward to it.

Thanks again! Trip advisor is amazing, wouldn't travel w/o consulting it first. :)

boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Please help!

Try this site, its popular with with locals

htttp://enteringcapecod.com/town/Harwich

Reply to: Please help!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Harwich Port
Recent Conversations