We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Watch

Clinton...
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Whale Watch

Hello!

A friend and I are spending this upcoming weekend in Harwich. It's very spur of the moment, we just booked our lodging (through Airbnb) today! Can anyone recommend a whale watch company nearby? Are they all relatively the same experience? Thanks in advance!

Kim

6 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
490 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale Watch

Try to Google "whale watching charter boat in Harwich Port area"

I saw four listed.

Boston...
Level Contributor
490 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale Watch

Whoops! Sorry, should have given you the website with the map and listings

https://www.google.com/#q=whale+watching+charter+boat+in+harwich+port+area&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=41669478,-70059966,141&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:2

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,483 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale Watch

Try www.whales.net to go out of Barnstable Harbor which is closest to Harwich. Or drive up to Provincetown and go out on the Dolphin Fleet. There's also Capt John out of Plymouth if you are driving by there. They all go to Stellwagen Banks.

Check on Groupon as they have had half priced offers this summer.

Have fun.

Clinton...
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale Watch

Thanks Ken, I guess I wasn't clear that I was looking for feedback on which operators are best (was hoping for someone to share their experiences, etc.). I know how to use Google :)

Thanks Charlie, good tip on checking Groupon. Right now their only whale watch deals are out of Gloucester but I'll keep checking.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,483 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale Watch

Kim, over many years I've never heard anyone state or post that one whale watch company is better than another. Indeed all the boats are grouped together wherever the whales are on the Stellwagen Banks so just decide based on convenience and price.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whale Watch

They all go to the same place, where thee whales are. They are all bound by the same federal regulations regarding whale watching. Go to the one that is most convenient for you.

Reply to: Whale Watch
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Harwich