We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic view, great food, and pure relaxation

New York
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Romantic view, great food, and pure relaxation

Could any recommend a wonderful restaurant with great ambience and food, my boyfriend likes steak and veal, while I like seafood. It's going to be our 6 months anniversary so I want to make it extra special. I wouldn't mind spending $200 with appetizer, entrees and a glass of wine. He'll have a beer. Just want a nice view over looking water and having a nice conversation. I am willing to drive to Provincetown, Chatham, and wherever else the dining scene is?

Also would you know of a good lunch spot? We are also planning a trip to Martha's Vineyard, any good lunch places. I want this trip to be memorable since it's been very stressful for the past few weeks.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic view, great food, and pure relaxation

Twenty-eight Atlantic at the Wequassett Inn in Chatham for your special dinner.

http://www.wequassett.com

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic view, great food, and pure relaxation

While 28 Atlantic fits your requirements, the formal resort atmosphere may be a bit stuffy for a 6 month anniversary. There is no arguing about the food and the view of Pleasant Bay. You may like to consider a trip to Provincetown for something a bit more lively. Check out the Red Inn, The Mews and Ross's Grill. All of these restaurants have views of Cape Cod Bay, great food, and you may find that the relaxed atmosphere of Provincetown is just what you are looking for!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,403 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic view, great food, and pure relaxation

http://www.oceanhouserestaurant.com/

Spectacular views, even after dark the beach is lit. Beautiful and well prepared inventive apps, entrees, deserts with everything from seafood to steaks. See what you think of the menu. Ask also about their prix fixe menu. It basically gives you free desert. Reservations needed for a table in the dining room but you can just get the first available table in the lounge. Highly rated by Zagat.

Enjoy your time on the Cape. P.S. The Oyster Co. just up the road (so no view) near Rt. 28 has an oyster special happy hour daily. The bar area is fun and lively so you might enjoy some raw oysters there first.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic view, great food, and pure relaxation

Ditto on 28 Atlantic..the best option..or Ocean House in nearby Dennisport.

5. Re: Romantic view, great food, and pure relaxation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2012, 14:31