We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

close to chatham bars inn?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
close to chatham bars inn?

I have a meeting at Chatham Bars Inn this summer and would like to attend. However, i have a newborn and will be bringing my baby, husband, and parents with me so that I can attend the meeting. I cannot afford to book two different rooms there for all of us and would like something nearby that would more affordably accomodate us.

We would like two separate rooms (not a suite with a pull out) or a full cottage of some sort.

I have never been to the area and would love any and all advice!

Thanks.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,493 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: close to chatham bars inn?

How about The Hawthorne Motel on the beach side within walking distance of CBI? Nothing will be cheap in Chatham in the summer but these rates aren't as stiff.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,209 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: close to chatham bars inn?

can we assume you will have a car?

how long is the trip? Cottage/house will be a one week minimum.

Do you need to stay in Chatham?

How far are you willing to stay from meeting place?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: close to chatham bars inn?

Trip will be about 1 week long and it is safe to assume I'll have a rental car. I would be willing to drive about 15-20 minutes each way if I find the perfect rental. I don't have a good sense for how far away on the map I should be searching as I don't know the driving/traffic patterns having never been there. I am willing to spend up to 4K for the week for the perfect place to sleep 4 (possibly 6 if my sis commits too) plus a baby. Thanks so much for your help !!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,559 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: close to chatham bars inn?

For a house, you could check www.weneedavacation.com or contact a local realtor.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: close to chatham bars inn?

If you are willing to drive up to 20 minutes then look for a rental house in the Orleans, South Orleans, Chatham, Harwich and Brewster areas. As ting mentioned, a popular site for local homeowners to list on is weneedavacation.com Perhaps you should consider consulting a realtor once you have decided that renting a house is the way you want to go.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,209 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: close to chatham bars inn?

for that money, you should be able to get a nice rental for a week in the areas mentioned. I use vrbo.com but there are other websites as well. Or if unsure, then call a realtor. But for starters, look at the types of places you can get on the vrbo type websites and the locations so you have a starting point. Within 20 minutes you have a pretty good selection.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: close to chatham bars inn?

Hmmm....Cheap & Chatham. Kinda' like military intelligence or jumbo shrimp.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: close to chatham bars inn?

Even in Chatham $4,000 will get you a pretty snazzy house. Doubt whether you will need to spend anywhere near that unless you want to.

9. Re: close to chatham bars inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 08:18