We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Dreams

Athlone
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Dreams

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about Beach Dreams or Summer Village in Wells. I can't find any reviews of these places but they seem widely available on the rental websites.

I see that they are far down Post Road near Moody but they only mention Wells Beach on their sites. Is Moody Beach private?

boston
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Dreams

Hello... I'm familiar with Beach Dreams...It's only a name. It,s inland away from the beach ...very quiet and isolated, and is kid friendly... it's all small cottages bunched together ( In my opinion, they are all layed out like army barracks). They are all new construction so they're all clean, a lot of investors bought them pre-construction and rent them over the summer to cover mortgage cost ...they have several large swimming pools (that are very nice), because beach dreams covers many acres. Nothing here will make you feel like your near the ocean. There is a rural feel here. If you want a place to rest your head and use it as a stop off place to visit ogunquit & wells, this is it on the cheap. You can go to Beachdreams.com. ...I hope this helps you...Phil.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Dreams

Hi itchyfeetathlone,

If you really want to be within walking distance of the beach or overlooking it, see if anything's available at Moody Beach.

The Moody Beach area is a section of Wells with tons of summer cottages, nestled close together and almost all within an easy walk to the beach. It's very family oriented and there are a few restaurants here and there.

I'm not sure if it's private or not but you'd have a VERY hard time finding parking to go to the beach as it's lined with private, summer residences cheek by jowl and not a whole lot of parking would be available.

Good luck!

cozyharbor

Athlone
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Dreams

Hi

I made some enquiries and decided that Beach Dreams is not for us, far too big and impersonal. We have now found what seems to be more us, Cottage in the Lane. Small family run and near Drakes Island Beach.

Will post a review when I return.

Can't wait, this is my first time in the USA.

Thank you for your advice.

Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Dreams

Hi,

Did you rent at Beach Dreams? I have an option to this June but am hesitating because of the post about it being laid out like an army barracks?

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Dreams

I agree that beach dreams is like an army barracks. Summervillage on the other hand is very nice. The cottages are beautiful, granite counter tops everything is top of the line. They are farther apart, the cottages. It has more of a resort feel. There is an adult only pool and hot tub and two family pools. also a gym and sauna. Most people that own them don't even rent them, but a few do. We rented last summer and we loved it, the kids are asking to go back.

boston
Level Contributor
51 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Dreams

Beach Dreams and Summer Village are both on Route One which is the main road in Wells/Moody. Easy access to restaurants and miniature golf etc. but not good for access to the beach (1 1/2 miles away) because you would have to drive to a (Pay) parking lot. If you want easy beach access checkout Lafayette resort, which has numerous oceanfront?view hotel rooms or call Garnsey Brothers (207)646-8301. They have numerous rentals(condos and houses) that are near the beach.

South Hadley MA
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Dreams

We just booked a week stay here in a 2BR cottage coming up in a few weeks! Didn't really do much research but it looks clean and kid friendly.

As I don't really care about being on the beach it doesn't matter to me. I just need relax time away from work.

I'll post a review when we get back.

Edziu

York
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Dreams

The Beach Dreams and Summer Village cottages are all fairly new, and its set up like many cottage areas- very close to each other but with amenities like pools, etc. There's more privacy than being at a condo. The trolley that runs along route 1 and stops at the beaches is really the best way to get to and from since the parking is very tough at the beach..... I am a realtor in the area- may of these units are investments but are kept up well and the association is run well too.

Glens Falls, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Dreams

We have stayed at Beach Dreams for several summers now. We love it!

The cottages are very nice, clean and modern. The cottages are close together, but it is very peaceful and quiet. They are equipped with everything you could possibly need. They have all the cookware you would need (we even did our own lobster dinner), they have cable tv, wireless internet, washer/dryer (free), ours has an outdoor grill. The grounds are immaculately maintained.

The large outdoor pool in the main building is heated and very clean.

Several beaches are within a very driving distance, but nothing is really walkable, but this wasn't a big deal for us. We went the past two summers with no children, but this year we will have a 10 month old and have no doubt it will be kid friendly.

I highly recommend staying here! It is a great value for your money, especially if you like to cook some meals at home and have your own space. You could stay at a hotel closer to the beach for a similar price, but why be cramped in one room when you can have a whole cottage for around the same price!

Glens Falls, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Dreams

Check out my post! We love Beach Dreams!

Get answers to your questions about Wells