We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions needed Very Special Day in the area

Boston...
Level Contributor
401 posts
293 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions needed Very Special Day in the area

I will be in the Rockland, Rockport Area for a week leading up to May 1st, 2014. On May 1, my girlfriend of 4+ years will be turning the big 4-0 and I am trying to think of things that will make it an amazing day. She loves lobster, clam chowder and the ocean, so I think we will be in the right place. I am thinking a very nice meal, one thing though, neither of us are the dress up type (prob why we love Maine so much). Is there a casual yet amazing restaurant with a private room that I could reserve for an hour or so. My parents might be joining us-but it might just be the two of us. Anything else amazing that is a little touristy but fun but not overly adventurous? We have gone sailing out of Camden, but never out of Rockland/Rockport.

Thanks for any and all help.

Mentioned in this post
Rockland
Rockland
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Rockport
Rockport
Cape Ann, MA
Maine
Maine
United States
Camden
Camden
Mid Coast Maine, ME
1 reply
Stamford...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions needed Very Special Day in the area

I suggest you enjoy lobster as it was intended: right off the dock. For a real local experience, go to Miller's which is in St George, on the way to Port Clyde. Plan to get there early because it closes up early. You'll enjoy lobster and corn on the cob and some great pies on picnic benches as you look out to the water. Very downeast kind of a place. Super casual (you are eating lobster after all!). It used to be cash only, but I think that has changed. BYOB.

Reply to: Suggestions needed Very Special Day in the area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rockport