We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ledges by the Bay or Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn

North Babylon, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Ledges by the Bay or Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn

Both have good reviews. Actually was interested in Island View Inn no rooms were available for the full five days we want. Strawberry Hill has only ground floor rooms and wasn't sure I would be happy with that - usually prefer rooms on upper levels. Ledges has availability but would like some input from people who have recently stayed there. Looking for a nice clean room with a balcony to sit out on after a day of sightseeing and with a nice view.

Wondering if Rockland would be preferable to what we are looking for.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

L M
Trenton, New Jersey
8 posts
1. Re: Ledges by the Bay or Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn

Ledges should offer what you're looking for - haven't stayed there as they had no availablility when we were travelling, but it was our first choice when looking to book. Stayed two properties over at the Glenn Cove Inn instead - www.glencovemotel.com (Strawberry Hill, Island View, Ledges and Glenn Cove are all situated along the cove) and found it to be reasonbly priced and very nice. All rooms at Glen cove are ground level (excecpt for one of the suites in the main house near the road), however rooms on the south side of the property have private deks in the back with a view of the bay (Room 9 was where we stayed). Rooms on the North Side have deks that over look the parking lot and the bay.

North Babylon, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Ledges by the Bay or Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn

Thank you. We were able to book with Ledges. Went to Boothbay Harbor a few years ago, our first and only trip to Maine, and loved it. l'm looking forward to this trip to Rockport.

Would love some more input as to places to eat and things to do not only in Rockport but in surrounding areas. We'll have 4 full days.

florida
Level Contributor
35 posts
137 reviews
3. Re: Ledges by the Bay or Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn

Ledges is a great choice. We loved the deck for its views and a perfect cocktail spot. Breakfast was perfect, the hotel grounds were beautiful and everything was spotlessly clean.

We visited Camden and stayed for the evening to stroll and eat, A Boothbay friend suggested Stonington to see a working, non-touristy fishing village and we had yummy lobster rolls at the restaurant on the pier. We had a great day in Acadia with hikes, rides, beach, picnic and fabulous views from every direction. Loved every minute of Maine!

Bridgeton NJ
Level Contributor
45 posts
96 reviews
4. Re: Ledges by the Bay or Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn

I have stayed at both Strawberry Hill Inn and Ledges. Also at the Island View which Iis next to the Strawberry Hill Inn. Ledges was a large room, absolutely immaculate. Nice room with balcony. Only problem was the steep drop off the highway on the southern end. I found it very hard to drive. Service in the office was off putting. It may be better now.

Strawberry Hill Inn is my favorite place to stay in Maine and I will be back there next month. Gorgeous room. Good service. A lovely view. Love it.

5. Re: Ledges by the Bay or Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2017, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Rockport