We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portland Harbor Christmas Boat Parade of Lights

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
911 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Portland Harbor Christmas Boat Parade of Lights

Does anybody know if/when the date is for 2011? I can't find anything on line. We're due for a weekend trip in December. We caught this last year and loved it. Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portland Harbor Christmas Boat Parade of Lights

This is the information from last year, but I don't see anything this year on the Casco Bay Lines facebook page:

For questions, please contact Casco Bay Lines' Caitlin Gildart at (207) 774-7871 x105.

Edited: 30 November 2011, 13:24
USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portland Harbor Christmas Boat Parade of Lights

In case you never found the schedule, the parade is this Saturday (December 17) starting at 4:45 (to watch by boat, the boat leaves at 4:30)

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
911 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portland Harbor Christmas Boat Parade of Lights

Thanks...we're going to be there. Just trying to figure out if we want to be on land or water!

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portland Harbor Christmas Boat Parade of Lights

It's definitely nippy today - colder temps and a stiff breeze. This weekend is supposed to stay cold, but no storms. If it stays this breezy, I'd opt for a land view, but that's just me. :-)

South Portland...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Portland Harbor Christmas Boat Parade of Lights

is Bug Light an optimal viewing spot?

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
911 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Portland Harbor Christmas Boat Parade of Lights

We wound up watching the parade of boats and the fireworks from inside Flatbread Pizza. It was way too cold to be outside on or near the water. It was nice; didn't seem as if there were as many boats as years past but it was still enjoyable.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Portland Harbor Christmas Boat Parade of Lights

Flatbread Pizza sounds like the perfect spot!

8. Re: Portland Harbor Christmas Boat Parade of Lights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 13:16