We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours of Private Horse Farms

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Tours of Private Horse Farms

I have visited a number of horse farms in the Lexington area as a result of booking tours with companies that take you to two or three horse farms. However, I have not been able to see some of the better farms that way, and that would include ones like Lane's End, Three Chimneys, Gainesway, etc. I am not sure if you can even book private tours of any of those. Is there some easy reference available that shows which horse farms offer private tours, and any limitations on those tours (days of week, timing of tours, etc.)?

Thoroughbred Heritage Horse Farm Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Unique Horse Farm Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Blue Grass Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Big Blue Pedaler
Beer Tastings & Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Lexington Ky
Level Contributor
360 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours of Private Horse Farms

http://www.lanesend.com/visitors.html

I would imagine that each farms website will have details about the tours they offer.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours of Private Horse Farms

Thanks for the Lane's End link. The Three Chimneys and Gainesway websites don't appear to contain anything about visits by tourists.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,739 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours of Private Horse Farms

www.visitlex.com/idea-guide/horse-farm-tours/

I printed this off and used it this past spring. Three Chimneys is one listed as offering tours. We did Claiborne and Normandy this past April. Totally different farms, tours, etc. We enjoyed both. Plan to head down this fall and do Three Chimneys and one other yet to be decided :) Good luck and enjoy!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours of Private Horse Farms

Thanks very much for that link, wings1980. I figured there had to be something like that on the internet.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,739 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours of Private Horse Farms

no problem :) You were in luck that I had just been and saved the info.

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours of Private Horse Farms

Contact the Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau. If anyone in the area will have detailed info on the farm tours, and there is a self-guided auto tour of the farms through LCVB, it will be them.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours of Private Horse Farms

Just a note! Three Chimneys has recently changed their tour policy. You can still get on the farm, but tours are limited to April and in October, Tuesday through Saturday, usually at 1:00 p.m. Cost is $10 (proceeds go to equine related charities.)

8. Re: Tours of Private Horse Farms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Lexington